Crewe truck stop

Have heard there’s a new truckstop at Crewe. Would welcome any ifo on it,ie, what its like,prices and directions. Don’t suppose its signposted off M6?. No…thought not!

Typing “Crewe truckstop” in the SEARCH revealed this comprehensive revue courtesy of Johnny :

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Eeee this new fangled t’interwebs a grand thing… :wink:

johnny:
this week saw me heading up the m6 to manchester and back down to droitwich so i made a decision that i would seek out the truckstop advertised in truckstop news, i remembered that it was in crewe and that it was opposite the industrial estate so i ventured off at junction 16 in search of said truckstop, i was very surprised to find that there was an aa signpost for the truckstop which made it even easier to find.
unsure what to expect and in truth expecting to find a potacabin on the industrial estate with about half a dozen parking spaces i have to admit to being pleasantly surprised although it is a portacabing it has a more permanent image and there is approximately 120 truck parking spaces.
the truckstop has been open for just 6 weeks and already the owner has cut back on the opening hours due to lack of punters.
the cafe which is called deb’s diner is excellent and although i didn’t require sustainence there was another customer eating something that looked delicious.
2 showers for the men and a shower for the ladies - all very clean and in a portacabin next to the cafe.
the stop is operated by ian and debs prophett, ian has a transport background and was previously a driver and operated trucks from the same site as the cafe now stands, a very nice couple who deserve to do well.
the current opening hours are 7am till 3pm but they will open longer once the trade picks up.
the showers are £2 or free with overnight parking, overnight parking is just £10 or £12.50 with a £2.50 meal voucher, there is a 24 hour security man on site who does patrol and the site is floodlit and ring fenced so it offers excellent security.
ian has plans for a drivers tv room and a truckwash for which the space and electric and water is already marked out.
as we all know there is very little in the stoke area in the way of parking for trucks and absolutely nothing in the way of secure parking with the only offerings being msa’s, lymm or stafford lorry park but none offer real security.
ian is quite happy to take accounts from transport operators and already has a small number of accounts and one of which quite surprisingly is from a german company, kottmeyer.
now for the really good part - there is a pub not 300 yards away and the centre of town is just quarter of a mile away offering access to banks, take aways, shops and more pubs.
ian is already wondering if he has done the right thing and is looking at what to do with the land if it doesn’t work out, this is a much needed facility and we should support ian and debs - use it or lose it seems to be the phrase i’m seeking.
try it out - you’ll like it.
if you have sat nav then the post code is CW16FL.
the address is cowley way, off weston road, crewe.
if your boss likes the idea of accounts then they can contact Ian on 07894 865051

montana man:
Typing “Crewe truckstop” in the SEARCH revealed this comprehensive revue courtesy of Johnny :

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Eeee this new fangled t’interwebs a grand thing… :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t get too stressed!! Look here.

marcustandy:
Don’t get too stressed!! Look here.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Agreed Marcus :laughing: