Credit cards at services

This may have been mentioned before, and Im sure most of you have tried to dodge the young ladies who try to sign you up for credit cards at services.

I got collared the other week and the card has just come through, have just registered it and its a really fantastic deal, 0% this and that, and loads of other benefits such as cash back on purchases and the like, Obvoiusly I know the things got to be paid, and I wont go mad with it, but its good for emergencies.

Plus I got to perv at the birds who signed me up :smiley: :wink:

So next tme you see em dont avoid them, you never know.

bugcos:
This may have been mentioned before, and Im sure most of you have tried to dodge the young ladies who try to sign you up for credit cards at services.

I got collared the other week and the card has just come through, have just registered it and its a really fantastic deal, 0% this and that, and loads of other benefits such as cash back on purchases and the like, Obvoiusly I know the things got to be paid, and I wont go mad with it, but its good for emergencies.

Plus I got to perv at the birds who signed me up :smiley: :wink:

So next tme you see em dont avoid them, you never know.

its not going to be 0% forever!! maybe a re-read is in order??

to get shot of them straight away,just tell them you are bankrupt.they sharp scarper. :smiley:

buck73:
to get shot of them straight away,just tell them you are bankrupt.they soon scarper. :smiley:

I say that too…

Swerving the subject a bit…what really gets my goat…these bloody cash machines that charge 2 quid to get ya monies!!! :imp: I wont use them, and i hope you orrible lot will stop using them too…with a bit of luck, these people who own them will go skint if everyone stopped using them.

Koop:
with a bit of luck, these people who own them will go skint if everyone stopped using them.

Chances are you’ll be skint before they will. :laughing:

I never use machines that charge.
0% cards are good but when the 0% runs out then you swap to another supplier with 0% balance transfers.

Always outside the gents at Strensham. When you see the number of blokes who don’t wash after using the bog, that may then sign up for a card, their pens are probably well layered with pish. Don’t fancy using their pens afterwards.

Suppose its ok if you have a really good credit rating, but even if you credit rating is average, you maybe get knocked back for the card you apply for.

Getting knocked back for a credit card itself is a black mark against your credit rating, not so good if your trying to improve it.

bugcos:

I don;t try and dodge them at all, i usually say excuse me i’m going for a ■■■■.

tell them you just gone bankrupt they soon retreat back

“Nein Danker” also works

No point trying to sell a British credit card to a German is there

Koop:
these bloody cash machines that charge 2 quid to get ya monies!!! :imp: I wont use them, and i hope you orrible lot will stop using them too…with a bit of luck, these people who own them will go skint if everyone stopped using them.

my local garage has changed from a pay to get ya dosh machine to a freebie one and I know of at least 2 or 3 others that have changed for the better… maybe these companies are realising that people aren’t using them…

I wont hold my breath just yet though :unamused:

i just say i am a ■■■■■ and live in a layby that always works. the look on their faces as they look me up and down :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

truckerbuster:
i just say i am a ■■■■■ and live in a layby that always works. the look on their faces as they look me up and down :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i said that one when some one was trying to sell me windows in morrisons,also i had a chap ring me one night at home trying to sell me a kitchen told him i had just caught the mrs in bed with another chap and now wasnt a good time he soon went :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My local has a sign behind the bar.

“We have an agreement with our bank that we will not lend money. In return they have promised us that they will not sell beer”

If these rather attractive annoying tarts want to sell me a credit card, get a job in a bank.

I would never want to sign up with MBNA or anyone else in the motorway services without being able to read the small print and consider the options.

Do these girls give you an instant decision? No. Well the internet does, and so does the bank manager.

Your better off sticking with a debit card that way you can’t spent what you not got. Credit cards are fine as long as your very careful how you use them and you pay them off at the end of the month.

You get paid to deliver the goods on your truck they get paid a basic wage for the day plus commision for every sign up they get.

So why not just sign up for it let them get paid an d cancel it when you get it then they still get paid :wink:.

Because every application goes on your credit file and builds up a poor profile.
So when you do actually want credit for say a car or a new mortgage you could be refused.

if you use any card make sure you pay it off in full each month
that avoids charges

anyhow
i was in Cherwell Valley when way laid bt 2 tarts needing a shower and being on a 45 i said i would come back

me blah blah poor lorrydriver, owe CSA 12000, charge on house and i,ve
got a card on VIsa and another on Mastercard so i dont need one

2 tarts blah blah well you might like the freebie you get for filling in the form blah blah

me ok

fill in the forms 3 weeks later get a Barclaycard
what checks did they carry out
obviuosly non i wouldn’t give me another card with my CSA problem
expires 0610

if you use any card make sure you pay it off in full each month
that avoids charges

anyhow
i was in Cherwell Valley when way laid bt 2 tarts needing a shower and being on a 45 i said i would come back

me blah blah poor lorrydriver, owe CSA 12000, charge on house and i,ve
got a card on VIsa and another on Mastercard so i dont need one

2 tarts blah blah well you might like the freebie you get for filling in the form blah blah

me ok

fill in the forms 3 weeks later get a Barclaycard
what checks did they carry out
obviuosly non i wouldn’t give me another card with my CSA problem
expires 0610