Crazy !!!

I was heading north on the A1 around 1:30 this morning on route to Newcastle, as I approached the A66 slip road I noticed headlights heading down the sliproad towards me :open_mouth: My instant thought was " I need a break" :laughing: I slowed down to a near stop while flashing the idiot, he then swung a left and headed up the A1 :unamused: it wasnt a close call or near collision the whole thing seemed to happen really slowly and was plenty of time for us both to stop but I was still a bit shocked after it, Ive never joined the A1 from the A66 so dont know just how difficult it is to make the error :question:

Huge roundabout, well signposted and virtually impossible to go the wrong way unless you are normally used to driving on the right and name ends with ski or vic and bought your license in a bar for a few hundred slotys or what ever currency they have. BTW did you notice if he wore a green shirt? :wink:

Iโ€™ve just looked on google street map and thatโ€™s made it even worse, it looks like heโ€™s driven for a couple of miles along the A66m :open_mouth: I thought maybe it was just off a roundabout :open_mouth:

Now you mention a green shirt โ€ฆ :wink:

Carryfast will be along soon saying there should have be an armed guard ,two electrified security gates and automatic bollards there to stop him going the wrong way.