Craptos

Let’s talk Craptos. (22 plate, 1800 miles on the clock for mine)
First I can only find 2x 24V cigarette lighter sockets plus 2x usbC. (I realise usbC is the future). Are there no 12V or old style usb sockets anywhere?

What’s with the driveline shunt? I don’t think it’s all suspension crashing, it’s like a back and forth motion as if the kingpin has 6 inches of free play [emoji849]

I quite like the mirror cams so far, except for reversing [emoji33] omg I need to get better [emoji1787]. Will let you know after I try them in the dark tonight.

stu675:
Are there no 12V or old style usb sockets anywhere?

What are…

You trying to power? My dashcam and Samsung tablet both run on either 12 or 24 volts.

stu675:
What’s with the driveline shunt? I don’t think it’s all suspension crashing, it’s like a back and forth motion as if the kingpin has 6 inches of free play [emoji849].

You answered the question with the wording craptros. The worst most awful riding truck of all current trucks. They are truly god awful to drive for ride. Other than that I don’t have much of an issue with them. Id the ride was better then I’d probably drive one.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

stu675:

What are…

You trying to power? My dashcam and Samsung tablet both run on either 12 or 24 volts.

Just charging a phone.

stu675:

yourhavingalarf:

stu675:

What are…

Just charging a phone.

I have a…

Samsung phone, it charges on 12 or 24.

stu675:
Let’s talk Craptos. (22 plate, 1800 miles on the clock for mine)
First I can only find 2x 24V cigarette lighter sockets plus 2x usbC. (I realise usbC is the future). Are there no 12V or old style usb sockets anywhere?

What’s with the driveline shunt? I don’t think it’s all suspension crashing, it’s like a back and forth motion as if the kingpin has 6 inches of free play [emoji849]

I quite like the mirror cams so far, except for reversing [emoji33] omg I need to get better [emoji1787]. Will let you know after I try them in the dark tonight.

Are you talking about the seat itself sliding forth and back, if yes there’s a sneaky little lever that can lock it in place so it won’t move - down by the seat position adjustment release but then every time you go over a bump it’s going to feel like a midget is kicking you in the kidneys. Luckily our co. got rid of all of them Actros. I remember every ttime after a shift I felt like I had been in a 12 round heavyweight muay-thai match

yourhavingalarf:

stu675:

yourhavingalarf:

stu675:

What are…

Just charging a phone.

I have a…

Samsung phone, it charges on 12 or 24.

Ok great, I’ve tried and it seems to be working ok [emoji106]

The boss said this was a fridge. I take it it’s just a storage box.

simcor:

stu675:
What’s with the driveline shunt? I don’t think it’s all suspension crashing, it’s like a back and forth motion as if the kingpin has 6 inches of free play [emoji849].

You answered the question with the wording craptros. The worst most awful rising truck of all current trucks. They are truly god awful to drive for ride. Other than that I don’t have much of an issue with them. Id the ride was better then I’d probably drive one.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Apart from the crap suspension, crap gearbox, crap engine, and crap seat,

The heavy door doesn’t stay open, but swings shut on you when you climb out.
Like wise it likes to trap your leg when getting in.
The bottle holder on the door, is in exactly the right place, to smack your elbow when you climb out of the cab.
The door, swinging shut as you climb in, traps your right hand against the grabrail…
The side lockers are 8 ft up in the air. You need a ladder to get at anything in the back…

It is an abomination. It really is. I finished with Keedwell largely because of the Craptos.

It is a hateful pile of catsick

stu675:

yourhavingalarf:

stu675:

What are…

Just charging a phone.

A lot of people worry about charging phones etc on 24v and then quite happily go home and plug it into 240v to charge!

the maoster:
A lot of people worry about charging phones etc on 24v and then quite happily go home and plug it into 240v to charge!

Big difference…
Anything with a UK style 3 pin plug on it will be designed for accepting 240V (at the input).

Unfortunately, just because an item has an accessory socket (cigarette lighter) plug on it does not mean it is designed to accept 24V - it may have been designed to only accept 12V socket voltages (typically up to 14.5V).
Therefore you have to be sure that you know what voltage the item is designed for (at the input) or you are just gambling that your item will not be destroyed.

Do they still have a pathetic horn that would be better suited to a pushbike?

ScaniaUltimate:
Big difference…
Anything with a UK style 3 pin plug on it will be designed for accepting 240V (at the input).

So basically any device or accessory that can be charged at home will therefore be happy with 12 or 24 volts from a truck then.

the maoster:

ScaniaUltimate:
Big difference…

So basically any device or accessory that can be charged at home will therefore be happy with 12 or 24 volts from a truck then.

No.
Unless your home is a boat/motorhome or similar you will be charging from home using a standard 3 pin plug as in the picture.
That plug will take the power to electronics that are designed to convert the 240V AC it is collecting into another voltage (usually 5DC for electronics).

My point is there is only one voltage that a UK plug is designed to connect to - but the accessory socket plug is designed to fit into identical outlets that can provide either 12V or 24V therefore you have to do the check for the correct design voltage yourself before plugging in.

3pinpluguk.jpg

stu675:
The boss said this was a fridge. I take it it’s just a storage box.

Yep just a storage box ,

ScaniaUltimate:

No, it’s better than any DAF LF that I have driven before. Not external air horn good, but reasonable.

stu675:

ScaniaUltimate:

No, it’s better than any DAF LF that I have driven before. Not external air horn good, but reasonable.

Pleased to hear that, thanks.
It’s not that I’m a fan of insanely loud horns but I was very cynical of a manufacturer that put very powerful horns on their cars but very weak ones on their trucks. I sensed that it was a an indicator of the Mercedes management snubbing truck drivers.