Crap Loading

This was a load that was loaded from the rear, whilst I had to sit in the cab today, when they’d finished, we have been instructed to count the pallets to make sure that they are all on board (high value load)

The Thick Loader decided to single deck most of the pallets except the 4th one on the drivers side, 28 euros, so plenty of room to keep them all single.
I got them to lift the single ‘Billy No Mates’ pallet down & put it sensibly on the back.

Asking the Forkie ‘How the Hell was that pallet supposed to stay balancing on top of the other euro, all the way to Leicester’
It weighs approximately 200-300 kg & there was no other pallet next to it, in front, or behind.

ANOTHER REASON WHY I HAVN’T GOT MUCH RESPECT FOR WAREHOUSE LOADERS & FORKIES WHO LOAD THE WAGONS AT NIGHT, TRAPPING ALL THE INTERNAL STRAPS, SO YOU’VE GOT NO HOPE OF USING THEM !

I wouldn’t have minded if he’d put it on the headboard, at least it would have been something solid to strap it against !

Did you strap it all ?

Hands up. Who would’ve strapped any of that (ignoring the single high pallet for the purposes of this exercise) ? I wouldn’t.

I’d have to know what was in them and how the pallets “behave”, but looking at the pictures I wouldn’t have any problem once the high pallet was put on the back. The whole deck looked filled so no room for lateral movement, all snug as a bug.

I know VOSA would say though :imp:

looking at that the nugget put it on the top because he couldn’t be bothered to move the curtain till you put him right.

Many years ago working for Ford,s Dagenham had to do a trailer swap at BRS in Birmingham, well talk about really crap loading. The trailer curtains were already closed and strapped tight, just could not get under trailer, on opening curtains guess what 12 metal bins of clutch plates which filled the front on said trailer and all the light stuff on arse end. I refused to take trailer unless loaded correctly and no grief from bosses back at yard.

Ray

big boots:
looking at that the nugget put it on the top because he couldn’t be bothered to move the curtain till you put him right.

It was loaded from the rear.
Presumably on a dock leveller through the back doors (oo missus).

That’s terrible.

In fact it is so terrible it looks almost intentional.

Maybe the loader thought the joke would be on you when the inevitable happened.

An April fool? or perhaps you’ve been been upsetting them? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and no, I would not have strapped those.

OOOOOH The drama :laughing:

Sorry Martin but its not the end of the world. :sunglasses:

Groupage from Spain or Italy anyone? :open_mouth:

PS. Not having a go at you,just in case your a real viking. :sunglasses:

A bit off topic, but Amazon at Hemel (after considerable time wastage) didn’t even unload the full delivery off me on a bay today. Fortunately I wasn’t all that confident in them so checked before leaving and gave them the missed off box but in my hurry didn’t check thoroughly enough to realise they hadn’t bothered telling me they didn’t sign one of the d notes (it wasn’t even the one they omitted to offload) which I got rollocked for later in the office.

To give loaders/unloaders their dues, there are some really good ones about who actually give a ■■■■, but in general all this waffle could be avoided by letting the driver be present during unloading, especially when the loaders at base haven’t done the best job and to somebody further down the line it could be confusing as to what’s what, especially when the item descriptions are nothing more than codes!

When you’re allowed to stay in your cab during a collection, does anybody else sit there nervously listening to the banging of pallet trucks a few metres away, wondering what kind of logistical nightmare they’re creating for you a few hours down the line? :stuck_out_tongue:

the maoster:
Hands up. Who would’ve strapped any of that (ignoring the single high pallet for the purposes of this exercise) ? I wouldn’t.

I wouldn’t either.

No, I didn’t strap it.

Its not a drama, just would have taken me 20 minutes to Spanset the offending pallet, crushing the product in the process, because I don’t want to be the one to be spending valuable sleeping time on the delivery dock picking it up ! :wink:

Just off to work now & I’m going to upset the loaders because I will be checking my load & strapping it, so its legal. (they make a fuss when it takes me 45 minutes to secure the load after they’ve trapped all the straps at the front :unamused: )

To be fair, if you haven’t been told how to load, it probably isn’t too much in the forefront of your mind if you’re a forks in a warehouse.

Silver_Surfer:
To be fair, if you haven’t been told how to load, it probably isn’t too much in the forefront of your mind if you’re a forks in a warehouse.

^^^ That.

By the time I became a forkie loading groupage and containers, I’d been out in the cab every holiday going with my Dad since I was 3 and if I say so myself, I used to do a good job of loading a trailer, as if I was driving it myself.

Nowadays, I tell my lads that if they aren’t happy with the load, they don’t take it. Fortunately it rarely happens to us.

big boots:

According to the OP it was loaded through the back doors - curtains not relevant to the way it was loaded.

Looks to me as if the double-stacked pallets came off the racking that way and so the loader simply left them stacked.

At least it’s better than some of the ‘pallet hub’ loads I have seen.

Silver_Surfer:

Surely (don’t call me Shirly !) that’s what Training is all about & Common Sense. By the time you get to 16/17/18 & leave the school gates, you’ve must have been in a car a few times & felt the forces acting on you when the driver brakes, so what’s the difference between a 4ft square pallet & a Human Being ?

I’ll never change my opinion of the Bad Ones, the Good Ones are Great but I would struggle to employ the Bad Ones, even to stack shelves at TOSCO or serve Burgers in Macdonuts.

Roymondo:

big boots:

According to the OP it was loaded through the back doors - curtains not relevant to the way it was loaded.

Looks to me as if the double-stacked pallets came off the racking that way and so the loader simply left them stacked.

Yes it was, load would have been picked & left in a row ready to go straight on the wagon. It was just pure laziness that the loader didn’t split the pallets.

This is the sort of rubbish we often find. It’s a refrigerated box so no access to the front of the load without taking the rest of it off first. Anyway, got most of the way through my run, pulled two pallets off to discover this little mess hidden behind them. Yes, a full pallet of bottled sterile water supported on one side by a pallet load of fresh air (with a single layer of boxes under that).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396429560.590628.jpg

Roymondo:
This is the sort of rubbish we often find. It’s a refrigerated box so no access to the front of the load without taking the rest of it off first. Anyway, got most of the way through my run, pulled two pallets off to discover this little mess hidden behind them. Yes, a full pallet of bottled sterile water supported on one side by a pallet load of fresh air (with a single layer of boxes under that). 0

Ha ha !

That reminds me, when I first started driving Artics with a reefer on, one day, I collected one single pallet of Tomatoes, I questioned the stability & got the usual ‘Oh, it’ll be ok’ so I just used a bar across the back of it. (Had nothing to support the side)

Drove about 20 miles & pulled up at the drop, opened the back doors-
A Million Tomatoes all over the floor !
Learnt my lesson that day !

I still like Tomatoes though.