Crap Cars

Worst car you’ve owned/driven or just your opinion?
My worst was a '94 Mini Cooper. Great fun to drive but always breaking down nearly always the crappy Rover electrics. Set off my absolute hatred of Rover and my sheer joy when MG Rover went ■■■■ up.
My Dad had a double dose of crap cars in my lifetime. Austin Allegro, yellow with those silly black stripes (but not the squashed steering wheel) and vinyl seats. Used more oil than petrol.
Then he traded that in and bought a Talbot Horizon. :blush:

1986 Capri 2.0 Laser.

Got rid of an ace Granada for that!

It’s sad that badge engineering got Rover the same reputation as the all the cheap and nasty front drive Austin Morris junk.At least for anyone of an age who associates Rover with the P5 and P6 3.5 V8.Or for that matter Austin/Morris with the Westminster.

As for those cheap and nasty Austin Morris heaps there were plenty of similarly crap French and German front drive heaps amongst others at that market level/sector.IE like everything else cars are generally a case of if anyone wants a reasonable product then they need to pay a reasonable price.

PaulNowak:
1986 Capri 2.0 Laser.

Got rid of an ace Granada for that!

:open_mouth:

Even in the case of both being 2.8 i spec the Granada still had the edge of wishbone front and independent rear suspension.I had a 2.8i manual Granada for a while and it was more or less as good as a BMW. :bulb:

My 82 Cortina Estate would have blown that Capri into the weeds, had I not inadvertently written it off one night. Best car I have ever owned.

Granada just purred along though. My first 5 speed box. Hitting a ton and you were still under 2.5k. We used to go for nights out from Stoke to Torquay and think nothing of it. Kip in the motor (sometimes [emoji6])

Ford Anglia 105E which I bought in 1968 which wouldn’t pull you granny off the ■■■■ pot. Never had any trouble with it, but changed it for a MK2 Cortina after 10 months.
To be fair, my Dad had a brand new Ford Anglia 105E in 1960 which went well for over 12 years.

A 1987 five pot VW Passat that I purchased in 1995, it ■■■■■■ water in through the door seals/sunroof so was always damp and the windows condensated up. Kept it for five years and bought a Volvo 940 which was a fantastic car.

Pete.

My first ever car was without doubt the worst - A 2dr `68 Vauxhall Viva HB series. Awful…really awful!!

windrush:
A 1987 five pot VW Passat that I purchased in 1995, it ■■■■■■ water in through the door seals/sunroof so was always damp and the windows condensated up. Kept it for five years and bought a Volvo 940 which was a fantastic car.

Pete.

Me too VW Passat V reg 99

Nissan Primera 02 plate, the only spanker I’ve owned but very drab, boring and safe. Only kept it 2 yrs then back to the German stuff.

My first car was a Y reg Talbot Samba :blush:

Always been a Vauxhall driver until I bought a nearly new 62plate Astra 2.0 diesel. Biggest heap of junk I’ve ever had. Only kept it 10 months, traded it in and bought a 61plate 1.6 petrol focus. Struggled to get above 38mpg with the astra and the focus does almost 41mpg. Although if I could turn back time, I’d never have sold my 1.9 diesel vectra sri to buy the astra. What a car that was.[emoji25] [emoji25] [emoji25]

Had the misfortune of having to drive a Fiat 500 pop for about 9 months. Hated them before I got it, hated while driving it, and hate them now.

First and worst, Hillman Avenger. Enough said.

I’m beginning to dislike my diesel Passat now as it’s one of those affected by the VW emmissions fiddle, will hate it if the fuel economy and road tax band alter after the recall. :frowning:

■■■■■■■:
My first ever car was without doubt the worst - A 2dr `68 Vauxhall Viva HB series. Awful…really awful!!

Same as, can’t remember the year, but I got one in 1982 (ish) just after I passed my car test at 21. Dark Green, it was horrible, the last straw was when the gear lever fell off whilst I was driving along. [emoji3]

Renault 5 piece o rusty crap worse than a vauxhall viva I had…wife worst a Talbot samba 4 speed in yparc brown.

My old chaps’ worst car, an Austin Allegro. Enough said.

Had a 2014 Vauxhall insignia 1.4 turbo.

Had plenty of toys on it but was the most boring thing I’ve ever driven. Couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding and was ■■■■ on fuel no matter how I drove it. Only had it 4 months before I got rid of it for the 3 series I have now. Granted that is ■■■■ on fuel too but at least it’s fun to drive!

Suedehead:
First and worst, Hillman Avenger. Enough said.

Loved my Hillman Avenger PJO 354M.