CPC

I’m in the forces and do agency driving now and then, I have 21 hrs of CPC but not gonna get the other 14 hrs in by the 9th Sept. Question is can I carry those 21 house over and just have to get the other two modules and then apply for my CPC card? Meaning until I do that I can’t drive commercially?
Appreciate any help I’m in the Aldershot area if you know anyone can get me in before the 9th Sept.
Cheers

Unfortunately not no,your hours will be reset to zero after 10th sept.

no they wont m8 whatever u done upto now will count even after 10 sept just finishing mine 2morro a guy was asking same question u be ok m8 u wont loose ur 21hrs gd luck

ckm1981:

incorrect but to be fair that was the original idea

Each 7 hours is valid for 5 years and you must have 5 lots of 7 valid hours so a DQC can be issued

You will be suspended from driving commercially in civvy street until you complete the last of the 35 hours

You can drive for up to 15 days whilst waiting for the DQC to arrive after completing the last of the 35 hours but keep all 5 of your certificates handy in case you get stopped during those 15 days

your licence will not be suspended u just not allowed to drive hgv till u done other 14 hrs :smiley:

I stand corrected,this is what we were told when I didn’t final CpC back in February.

ROG:

ckm1981:

incorrect but to be fair that was the original idea

Each 7 hours is valid for 5 years and you must have 5 lots of 7 valid hours so a DQC can be issued

You will be suspended from driving commercially in civvy street until you complete the last of the 35 hours

You can drive for up to 15 days whilst waiting for the DQC to arrive after completing the last of the 35 hours but keep all 5 of your certificates handy in case you get stopped during those 15 days

You can certainly continue to drive while waiting for the DQC to arrive but I’m not aware of any rule that says you have 15 days.

You can drive for 15 days from the time of payment when applying for a replacement card if yours is lost but that’s not necessarily the same as what’s being discussed in this thread.

In fact when I asked the DVSA about this they never mentioned anything about 15 days either.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=116757&p=1801156&#p1801156

I got told verbally by the Hotline team and they are usually but not always spot on

I cannot find anything online about it either

Carrying hours over i was told it can not be done, but if you do 35 before the 10th September and do another 35 next month it will last you 10 years, also there is talk of a test at the end of each course which might be in the next 5 years, but check with the company your doing your cpc with first about the 10 year thing :wink:

Ghost01:
Carrying hours over i was told it can not be done, but if you do 35 before the 10th September and do another 35 next month it will last you 10 years, also there is talk of a test at the end of each course which might be in the next 5 years, but check with the company your doing your cpc with first about the 10 year thing :wink:

Apart from the underlined bit you are correct

The test bit is just rumour at the moment - no consultation on this yet

Rog - Yes i agree with you on the test part, but it’s more likey to happen :unamused: