cpc

4 weeks ago i sat 4 modules for my cpc i have since for personal reasons lost my job !!! my question is are my 4 modules still mine or can my employer keep my certificates or are they already registered on my licence or dvla?? curious if i need to confront my ex employer ■■? im actually quite naieve regarding this as i was a mechanic and never been a driver as such (might have to now)any info gratefully recieved thanks ps geeza job !!!

bill m ex y@d:
4 weeks ago i sat 4 modules for my cpc i have since for personal reasons lost my job !!! my question is are my 4 modules still mine or can my employer keep my certificates or are they already registered on my licence or dvla?? curious if i need to confront my ex employer

I assume you mean the Driver CPC in which case the courses should have been uploaded for you, as far as I’m aware there’s nothing your employer can do to stop the courses being allocated to you, if the employer has hold of the certificates they could be awkward but as long as the course records are uploaded there shouldn’t be too much of a problem I wouldn’t have thought.
You may even be able to contact the trainer for replacement certificates if it was an outside trainer.

You can check the “Online Driver Certificate of Professional Competence training record”.

You will need to register then they will send you a password by post before you can check what hours have been recorded for you.

thank you for quick reply much obliged !!! cant say too much for obvious reasons but it was in house training by a large worldwide logistics company (cobber!!!)

As long as the periodic DCPC hours were uploaded promptly, there’s nothing that anybody can do about it, cos the 28-hrs are now safe in the bank at DVLA.

Paper periodic DCPC certificates are pretty much worthless, and you won’t need replacements even if the ex-employer has got the originals, which I wouldn’t think is the case.
The main reason that people go on about them is usually so that it’s easy to show them to a prospective employer at interview.
The proper records have been mentioned by tachograph, so it’s probably going to be reassuring for you if you follow his link and print it off if needs be.

From the info you’ve given, it seems that you only need one more 7-hr course to finish off your 35-hr requirement, so if you do that, you’ll automatically get a DQC card from DVLA. You’ll have no need for paper certificates then. :smiley:

thank you diesel dave much appreciated!!! one less worry !!! just need a job now !!! the wifes goin nuts!!! cheers

I take it that you did not sign any form of claw back agreement when you sat your Driver CPC? As has been said, assuming the provider uploaded the CPC record there and then (as they are meant to), then you will have achieved your four days.

Lusk:
… assuming the provider uploaded the CPC record there and then (as they are meant to), …

Hi Lusk,

When a DCPC course runs, the provider has 5 working days from the date of the course to upload the required info, so it can quite correctly be a week before anything shows on the system if there’s a weekend involved.

thank you for all interest and replys guys… picked up my certificates today plus checked on line… all appears to be ok . thanks again !!! now all i need is a job!!! cheers men…