CPC

Hi All,

New to the site so forgive me if I’m asking a question that may have already been answered somewhere before…

I have taken and passed both hazard perception and theory test (Most proud of myself).
I am booked in as from tomorrow morning for 4 days of practical training finishing with the pratical test on Wednesday, if i should pass (have no reason to think I won’t) can I then start applying for jobs? OR Do I need to complete the initial CPC training modules 2 and 4 before I can apply for driving jobs?
I’m most confused about this as I cannot seem to get a full on straight answer from anyone, I do understand that I must have completed 35 hours of CPC class room work by 2019.

If anyone could put me straight on this I would be most grateful as obviously I want to get in to full time work ASAP having been unemployed since Oct last year and funds will need to be raised in order to pay for initital CPC if that is the case

Thanks

If you passed your car test before 1/1/97 you will have acquired rights due to holding a C1 licence. If not you need the initial cpc.

1. If you had any LGV category on your driving licence on 09/09/2009, including any gained from passing the car test before 1997, then you will not be allowed to take and pass the initial LGV driver cpc modules 2 and 4 because you are already in the dcpc periodic system
    You will have until 09/09/2014 to get in all 35 hours of periodic training if you wish to drive LGVs commercially after that date

2. If you did not have any LGV category on your licence on 09/09/2009 then you are not in the LGV dcpc periodic sytem and to get into that you must pass LGV intial mods 2 & 4
    Passing those modules puts you immediately into the periodic system for 5 years

You must be in the periodic dcpc system if you want to drive LGVs commercially

Are you in number 1 or 2 ?

If you have the 7.5 ton entitlement on your licence then no you don’t need to do the initial CPC, just 35 hours classroom based by 2014.