Cpc

Just wondering what way the Cpc works for someone trying to get their hgv licence ?

If you had any LGV categories on your licence in September 2009, including the C1 you got with a pre-1997 car test, you have LGV initial DCPC by acquired rights. You must complete 35 hours of periodic training by September 2014 to continue driving LGVs commercially.

If you have no ‘acquired rights’, you must take the LGV Module 2 theory and Module 4 practical tests to gain LGV initial DCPC. You must complete 35 hours of periodic training within 5 years to continue driving LGVs commercially.

Thanks for your reply , I have had my car licence from 2005 and only got my Lgv provisional entitlement on my licence this year so does this mean If I pass modules 2 and 4 I have 5 years to do my cpc or do I have to do it before 2014 ?

rjm87:
Thanks for your reply so if you are learning and pass your modules 2 and 4 then you have 5 years to complete your cpc ?

If you take an pass LGV Modules 2 and 4, you have LGV DCPC via the initial qualification, which lasts for five years. During that five year period, you must take 35 hours of periodic training. When you have completed the 35 hours, you get a new Driver Qualification Card with the expiry date extended by 5 years.