CPC

i kid i know is looking on doing his hgv class 1 & 2 soon, now this lad is a mechanic an needs it for his job

would he have to take the cpc ?

also if he was doing his test so that he could be come a full driver before the year is out would he stil have to take his cpc or not ?

if you mean the dcpc then if he passes his test yes the same as everybody else. if you mean operators cpc then no

He doesn’t to do his cpc if he is over 21 and is driving a truck for road testing only as a mechanic.

However, if he wants to drive for a living he will need to pass the cpc but this can be left until later required.

Tockwith Training:
He doesn’t to do his cpc if he is over 21 and is driving a truck for road testing only as a mechanic.

However, if he wants to drive for a living he will need to pass the cpc but this can be left until later required.

cheers !

You have to be careful because if you take a vehicle for an mot then he will need to have his initial cpc or if he collects and delivers from a customers site then they will needs the initial cpc. It is only road testing that is exempt!

I would recommend doing it.