CPC

bigmatt2806:
i have a full class c licence, am wanting in time and savings allowing to take my class c+e (artic), will the test day be any different to when i took my class c in 2007, or will the test be longer, more questions in tell me show me , for the cpc.
hope you can help.

A look HERE will answer your question :smiley:

bigmatt2806 wrote:-

i have a full class c licence, am wanting in time and savings allowing to take my class c+e (artic), will the test day be any different to when i took my class c in 2007, or will the test be longer, more questions in tell me show me , for the cpc.
hope you can help

No, there will be no difference to your test day. The C+E test is the same as in 2007 and the only difference to the C test that you took is that at the end of the test you have to uncouple and recouple.

Smart Mart:

bigmatt2806 wrote:-

hope you can help

No, there will be no difference to your test day. The C+E test is the same as in 2007 and the only difference to the C test that you took is that at the end of the test you have to uncouple and recouple.

Uncoupling on a C test is a bit of a problem :unamused: :wink:

thanks all, thats why this forum is the best in world, as someone will always answer your question

Rog wrote:-

Uncoupling on a C test is a bit of a problem

Your point here is what Rog, or do you just need to increase your number of posts? :laughing:

Smart Mart:

Rog wrote:-

Uncoupling on a C test is a bit of a problem

Your point here is what Rog, or do you just need to increase your number of posts? :laughing:

I could not work out how to do it :open_mouth: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How to do what, Rog? Try reading what I wrote and not what you think I wrote maybe! Possibly my english grammar isnā€™t brilliant, but I have not suggested uncouple and recouple of a cat C!!

Smart Mart:
How to do what, Rog? Try reading what I wrote and not what you think I wrote maybe! Possibly my english grammar isnā€™t brilliant, but I have not si=uggested uncouple and recouple of a cat C!!

It was not serious :exclamation: - just a laugh :wink: - I think me gave wrong impression :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: - sorryā€¦

ā€¦slinks away into cornerā€¦ Bad boyā€¦

Naughty you for having a sense of humour. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dusty321:
I missed something from that listā€¦ a talk about sleep and how much you need or the 5 stages of sleepā€¦

It was quite gripping stuff, (in a patronising talking to a child styley) the trainer told us ā€œif we donā€™t get enough sleep we might have an accidentā€ no [zb] Sherlock! :unamused:

Its not the course that irritates me beyond belief but the underlying reason for the courseā€¦ Money :imp:

Is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  one of the 5 stages? :laughing:

Iā€™d say that the tutor seems (to me) to have had a problem adapting to the audience. IMHO, thatā€™s a sure-fire way of irritating the learners right from the ā€˜off.ā€™

Sadly, youā€™re probably right. But itā€™s unbelievably difficult to gain the attention of an audience who donā€™t want to be in the room to start with! I spend too long at the start of the course ā€œadaptingā€. In itself, a well researched and resourced driver cpc course is not a bad thing to work with. But it would help if drivers didnā€™t turn up full of misconceptions - some of which are fuelled through this site. In the same way that there is good, bad and indifferent driver training, there is the same with the driver cpc. Donā€™t tar us all with the same brush. Our feedback forms demonstrate well over 90% satisfaction. Given that the majority of these drivers came into the room with the attitude that they already knew it all, I donā€™t think thatā€™s bad.

Itā€™s in everyoneā€™s interest to start taking a more positive view on this new training. Delivered well to a receptive group, itā€™s very worth while. But to the guy who wants to be the disruptive one with all the wise cracks, youā€™re wasting your own time.

Incidentally, one of the subjects that comes up is the ā€œwalk round checkā€. For literally weeks, no EXPERIENCED bus or coach driver could tell me, accurately, what they were checking on the tyres. It took a driver who Iā€™d trained a few months earlier to give us the correct answer. Given that PCV drivers receive, on the whole, the same training as their LGV counterparts, Iā€™m ready for the same from truck drivers.

Drivers hours/tachos: never has a course been run without someone offering their version of the rules. Look around this site and itā€™s clear that drivers have got all sorts of problems on this subject alone.

The driver cpc is designed to address this; whatā€™s wrong with that?? :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Iā€™d say that the tutor seems (to me) to have had a problem adapting to the audience. IMHO, thatā€™s a sure-fire way of irritating the learners right from the ā€˜off.ā€™

Donā€™t tar us all with the same brush. Our feedback forms demonstrate well over 90% satisfaction. Given that the majority of these drivers came into the room with the attitude that they already knew it all, I donā€™t think thatā€™s bad

Incidentally, one of the subjects that comes up is the ā€œwalk round checkā€. For literally weeks, no EXPERIENCED bus or coach driver could tell me, accurately, what they were checking on the tyres. It took a driver who Iā€™d trained a few months earlier to give us the correct answer. Given that PCV drivers receive, on the whole, the same training as their LGV counterparts, Iā€™m ready for the same from truck drivers.

Drivers hours/tachos: never has a course been run without someone offering their version of the rules. Look around this site and itā€™s clear that drivers have got all sorts of problems on this subject alone.

The driver cpc is designed to address this; whatā€™s wrong with that?? :laughing: :laughing:

Fully agree with what Peter has said- and YES I am ā€œanother trainerā€

No one is trying to tell experienced drivers how to do their job- far from it we are actually trying to help you make it easier by giving you the latest info on a variety of subjects.

I ran a course all last week for PCV drivers and they were a really good bunch- but for example not 1 out of 11 people knew the minimun tread depth for a tyre(including the fitter and 2 bosses)- we all can learn something(even the trainers). I always learn something from someone on a course and hope to use this to help others.

We have to do it- people donā€™t necessarily agree with it but please guys get involved and you will help to make the course much more bearable for everyone.

A trucker can learn about disabled passengers

That would never be the case on an LGV driver cpc course. It may well be included on PCV but the only way a trucker would get that is if he held both licences and had elected to complete that particular PCV module. Remember that drivers of both only need 35 hours of training and that can be on either PCV or LGV or a mix of both. Silly rule but thatā€™s how it is! :laughing: :laughing:

It is always going to be difficult for a 24 year old who may of never driven commercially to tell someone who has been in the job 40 years that maybe he is wrong. Experience counts for nothing and the cpc is seen as a stealth tax kicking the industry whilst itā€™s down. I do understand very little it learned to pass the theory test regarding hours etc but by the same token nobody taught me simple things like how to open curtains or deal with first aid.
Another thing, have any HGV schools noticed an increase in learners wanting training to beat the deadline? And have any potential learners said they wonā€™t bother taking a course if the canā€™t have a test date before mandatory CPC? Iā€™ll bet they have!

Warren T. Claim:
It is always going to be difficult for a 24 year old who may of never driven commercially to tell someone who has been in the job 40 years that maybe he is wrong. Experience counts for nothing and the cpc is seen as a stealth tax kicking the industry whilst itā€™s down. I do understand very little it learned to pass the theory test regarding hours etc but by the same token nobody taught me simple things like how to open curtains or deal with first aid.
Another thing, have any HGV schools noticed an increase in learners wanting training to beat the deadline? And have any potential learners said they wonā€™t bother taking a course if the canā€™t have a test date before mandatory CPC? Iā€™ll bet they have!

The answer to your experience question is to ask the school what courses are being delivered and what credentials the trainer has. I know trainers who have VAST experience on the road but lack the confidence to put it across. As for the younger guy training the experienced driver- if he has NO commercial experience then maybe he should not be doing the job but bear in mind a 24 year old could have been driving trucks for 6 years.

I find the only people who REALLY have an issue with this, would so if the trainer was 45- ā€œbut still not driven as long as I haveā€

It is a situation that has been forced upon us all- but itā€™s not going to go away- oh and by the way if a TRAINER of CPC wishes to drive has to complete the 35 hours training too :cry: :cry: :cry:

Warren T. Claim:

According to one training school owner that I was talking to today - NO and NO.
They expected a last minute rush but it has not happened - maybe this recession has something to do with itā€¦

Here is a question - if you go on a drivers hours courseā€¦

Would you rather have a driver who has done the job for 40 years but is maybe not fully up to date on the current rules and regs and cannot communicate to others very well
OR
A spotty irk who has never had a LGV licence but is a great communicator, makes the course enjoyable and knows all the current regs inside out
:question: :question: :question: :question:

ROG:

Warren T. Claim:

According to one training school owner that I was talking to today - NO and NO.
They expected a last minute rush but it has not happened - maybe this recession has something to do with itā€¦

Our experience is slightly different- some bigger companies are trying to beat it but overall feeling is that itā€™s not the end of the world if it canā€™t be done before.
This was exactly the same for PCV 12 months ago(and the PCV work is busier than LGV at the moment due to jobs available)

Weā€™re busy, and Iā€™m sure some of those on courses are there to beat the cpc. But, remember they will still have to do the 35 hours periodic training. They only avoid the intitial qualification cpc.

And have any potential learners said they wonā€™t bother taking a course if the canā€™t have a test date before mandatory CPC? Iā€™ll bet they have!

Strange if thatā€™s the case. IMO the industry will manage nicely without them :laughing: :laughing:

A spotty irk

This isnā€™t on your cv is it ROG :laughing: :laughing: