CPC

Sorry if this is on wrong board but did search and can’t find anything to help.

i lost my LGV license in 2008 following a heart attack. I’ve now been reassessed by my consultant, who does a lot of these stress tests for the DVLA, who has said he could not see any issue in getting my license back depending on the DVLA doctors mood and that he was happy to support me.

The issue that i have is that I’m not sure re CPC requirements to get it back. I obviously left the industry as it was coming in - had some courses arranged to get my hours up to the 35 required.
Would I now have to get all this in place to get my license or can it be given back and then not be able to work till got the hours in place?
If this sounds confused I apologise but would welcome advice/guidance from someone who knows.

May sound daft but miss driving for a living.

If in wrong board can the mods please move with my thanks.

Thanks in advance.

DVLA will re-issue your licence regardless of the DCPC - obviously depending on your medical issues.

The DCPC is a separate issue. You have a choice of completing 35 hours of periodic training with no pass or fail or alternatively you can attend Module 2 theory test and Module 4 practical test for which you stand a chance of failing.

I would suggest get your licence sorted, then look at booking 35 hours of training

Hi. Just got mine back, get Med done then DCPC 35 hr periodical. No problem.

Many thanks for the answers - paperwork underway then when sorted will book some courses and a refresher course with a local instructor.