CPC

Good evening

I would appreciate some advice on the following please (I know it has been asked before but I am getting some conflicting advise and would like some clarification).

I obtained my National and International CPC in June 1996, issued through the RSA. Are these certificates still valid or do I need to update them/re-train?

All info greatly received.

Regards

Keith

As far as I am aware you don’t have to re train but might be a good idea to bring your self up to date with all the changes that have been made

I wonder how many like me clicked on this thinking it was going to be about the driver CPC :question:

Your certificates are still valid but as has been suggested you should realistically look at a attending a refresher course, normally 2 days.

If you were to apply to be a TM for an operator you would more than likely be told by the TC to attend a course anyway, so why not do it off your own back and make sure you can demonstrate you are up to date?

keithcassam:
I obtained my National and International CPC in June 1996, issued through the RSA. Are these certificates still valid or do I need to update them/re-train?

Hi keithcassam,

No legal need to retrain, and your certificates are still perfectly valid.
I’ve got the same ones from RSA, but mine are dated 1997.

IMHO, shep532 has made a very valid point about an update to your knowledge though, because TCs are asking that kind of question at ‘O’ licence application and PI hearings.

:bulb: If you need DCPC, I’d suggest that you consider asking the right questions of an Operator CPC provider when discussing a couple of ‘refresher’ sessions because some of them have got their Operator CPC course approved by JAUPT and you could get some DCPC hours at the same time. :smiley:

dieseldave:
:bulb: If you need DCPC, I’d suggest that you consider asking the right questions of an Operator CPC provider when discussing a couple of ‘refresher’ sessions because some of them have got their Operator CPC course approved by JAUPT and you could get some DCPC hours at the same time. :smiley:

DieselDave is quite right ‘I’ do offer CPC refresher two day course with 14 hours DCPC!! :wink:

Hi all

Many thanks for the replies and info. Very helpful.

Shep532, how do I go about getting this 2 day refresher course and 14 hours of DCPC?

Cheers

Keith

keithcassam:
Hi all

Many thanks for the replies and info. Very helpful.

Shep532, how do I go about getting this 2 day refresher course and 14 hours of DCPC?

Cheers

Keith

Seeing as your profile says ‘Bristol’ and I’m in Burnley I would suggest you google transport manager refresher or operator compliance refresher etc and find a local course. Otherwise PM me your email address and I’ll send details.