cpc training

Hi all, i’m new to trucking. passed cat c 3 weeks ago and have got c+e starting on the 21st nov. sent off for my tacho card today, was wondering what else i need before i can get on with an agency. Do i need some cpc training before i hit the road? any advice would be welcome :confused:

Hi Crazyhorse

If you passed your car test after 01/01/97 then you will need to take the 2 Initial CPC tests known as Module 2 (case study) and Module 4 (practical demonstration) before you can drive commercially.

If however you passed the car test before 1997 you have what is known as acquired rights and must complete 35 hours of periodic CPC training before 09/09/2014.

Regards

John
Flair Training

If you already had a LGV C1 on your licence before doing C then you have until 09/09/2014 to complete 35 hours of periodic dcpc training so you can drive LGVs commercially from now until 09/09/2014 :smiley:

If passing C was the first LGV on your licence then you must pass inital LGV dcpc modules 2 & 4 before you can drive LGVs commercially :cry:

Cheers guys , just checked my licence, had C1 since 1986. benefit of being an old bugger, eh :laughing:

Hello Crazyhorse
its always better to do a few of the 35hrs and they can be done in 7 HR blocks but some agents are running the course anyway . I have done 21 hrs now but only got two certificates due to me having a rubish trainer who has lost 7 hrs some where … … but 1 of the agents I am with is running the course and taking the money at £5 a week from money earned … :smiley:

YAMBOL57:
I have done 21 hrs now but only got two certificates due to me having a rubish trainer who has lost 7 hrs some where

Hi YAMBOL57,

The lack of a certificate isn’t necessarily a legal problem.

You could try asking the provider whether they uploaded your 7 hours to DVLA. If they did, then you’ll still get your DQC card once you’ve completed the 35 hours.

Even if they lost the certificate for your 7 hours, there should still be a paper-trail that you attended such as a joining form and a feedback form, so the provider should still be able to certify that you attended.

I hope this helps. :smiley:

YAMBOL57:
Hello Crazyhorse
its always better to do a few of the 35hrs and they can be done in 7 HR blocks but some agents are running the course anyway . I have done 21 hrs now but only got two certificates due to me having a rubish trainer who has lost 7 hrs some where … … but 1 of the agents I am with is running the course and taking the money at £5 a week from money earned … :smiley:

Ah, hadn’t thought about using an agent for the cpc. was going to use my instuctor. might be something worth doing as they will be getting something out of it, maybe more inclined to give you a ring for work, or not :wink: