Cpc training

Hi all,

In regards to CPC training, are you required to do a 7 hour course every year, Or can you do the training any time as long as you do 35 hours before the expiry date on your card? Thanks.

Elesjay:
Hi all,

In regards to CPC training, are you required to do a 7 hour course every year, Or can you do the training any time as long as you do 35 hours before the expiry date on your card? Thanks.

Not sure about NI but the rest is your second thought

You need 35 hours before your card expires if you want to be continuously CPC qualified.

If for some reason your card expires without having been renewed, you would need 35 hours in a 5 year period I believe.

Noremac:
You need 35 hours before your card expires if you want to be continuously CPC qualified.

If for some reason your card expires without having been renewed, you would need 35 hours in a 5 year period I believe.

Correct
Each of the 7 hours is valid for 5 years
5 x valid 7 hours will get a new DQC (issued when the current one expires or within a very short time if a valid DQC is not held)

ROG:

Noremac:

Correct
5 x valid 7 hours will get a new DQC (issued when the current one expires or within a very short time if a valid DQC is not held)

Doesn`t it go further than that?

Take 35hrs, this week.
Card is valid until Oct 2027.

Take 35hrs in November this year.
When card expires 2027, you already have done your training, so get a card valid until 2032?

Effectively, training might be valid for ten years.

That’s right. My current one expires 09.09.24 (like many others here), but I’ve got all my next lot in already (have done since about a year after my current one started) so I don’t need to think about it again until 2029.

The important thing is to may sure you’ve received your most recent card BEFORE doing any other courses, otherwise they won’t count.

To answer OPs question, DVSA et al actively WANT people to do them one per year, not five days in a week. Any half-decent company/TM should be organizing one per year for their drivers already.

Franglais:

ROG:

Noremac:

Correct

Doesn`t it go further than that?

Take 35hrs, this week.
Card is valid until Oct 2027.

Take 35hrs in November this year.
When card expires 2027, you already have done your training, so get a card valid until 2032?

Effectively, training might be valid for ten years.

The 5 year 7 hour validity is for using them to convert into a DQC

Bit like the theory test for driving - that is valid for 2 years for a full licence conversion

ROG:
Correct

They issued my DQC early, but with the expiry 5 years after the original was due to expire. Not sure how early they do that, but mine had a few months to run.

They say if it’s due to expire within two months they’ll issue it early.