CPC training

Hi all,

I have grandfather rights for class C1 and took my class C test in 2005. I haven’t yet done my CPC training (but am not currently driving trucks). My question is - is the CPC card valid for 5 years from the date the modules were taken? Or does it expire 5 years from the date CPC became a legal requirement (Oct 14?)?

I’m not sure whether I’ll be driving trucks again but am considering doing my CPC anyway, just in case. I’m currently abroad and would do my CPC when on a trip back to the UK, along with a few other bits and pieces. As I won’t be based anywhere in particular does anyone know of anywhere doing some good deals on a 35hr/1 week CPC course? I’ve tried googling but just get overwhelmed by results.

Final question! I might do my C+E licence when next in the UK. Do I need a CPC just to do the test?

Thanks!

Your grandfather rights have expired

You will get a 5 year card from the date you have completed 35 hours training, you are not entitled to drive any goods vehicle or public service vehicle for hire and reward until you have completed the required training

trubster:

You will get a 5 year card from the date you have completed 35 hours training, you are not entitled to drive any goods vehicle or public service vehicle for hire and reward until you have completed the required training

That is correct in this circumstance

If you already have a current DQC then completing the next set of 35 hours gets the 5 years added to the current DQC expiry date

I think that is where the confusion may have occurred

ROG:

trubster:

That is correct in this circumstance

If you already have a current DQC then completing the next set of 35 hours gets the 5 years added to the current DQC expiry date

I think that is where the confusion may have occurred

I haven’t yet done any CPC training (Istopped driving in August 14). But if my CPC would run for five years from the date of completion then that’s good - I’m bound to want to drive sometime over the next 5 years.