CPC training providers

Well finally got it sorted, went to IDS training at immingham, very flexible, very friendly, there were supposed to be two of us but the other guy didn’t show up. £55 (with a voucher off the website wix.com/idsltd/ids-ltdcouk), as much tea and coffee as you can drink and dinner provided. Going to go back to do some more modules next year. I would recommend them, if you want to find out more give Duncan a call and tell him Alan Turner recommended him.

Out of the half dozen training places they were the only one that called me back with training dates :unamused:

They are also an agency and are struggling for drivers over christmas incase anyone is wanting a few shifts.

I did all my modules with QTT training, www.qtt.org.uk The modules were all on Saturdays & spread out nicely. As far as I was concerned, it suited me fine. I’d recommend them to anyone.

BB

Here begins the rant!

Are they all completely useless?!?!?

Phoned my nearest, yes I can do it but you have to find 4 friends to do it with you and find a venue. So i’ll do all the hard work shall I?

Phoned a second one, were getting some courses together and will get back to you. No idea of time frame, cost, days of week etc etc

Phoned a third and got told that person isn’t in the office, phoned a further 4 times, still noone there, got a call back today, “I understand your interested in forklift training” FFS NO!!! “Oh yes we do CPC, we are getting a course together for this date” “whats the module?” “Its your drivers CPC”. The module is my entire drivers CPC?!?!?! I think not!

Phoned a 4th, “we have a course running on a saturday”, “I want a weekday”, “well weekends are better for drivers”. Oh sorry, i’ll consult you before i plan my week shall I

Arrrrrgh!

Rant over, frustration vented :unamused:

I am not surprised as most dcpc providers are doing between 1 day a week and 1 day a month

When 2014 comes around I don’t think they will be doing more than 5 times that if there is a last minute rush

Its not cost effective for them to have only a few drivers on a course in many cases

IMO most dcpc providers do this as a small side line within their main business and I think that many have and will realise that it is not cost effective and pull out of being a dcpc provider

A more effective business model would be to have one large approved dcpc provider with many approved dcpc trainers across the uk and for those trainers to provide courses at the workplace or to rent a cheapish venue for a day - this currently happens in some places with the DGV NVQ where one large provider has many NVQ assessors dotted across the uk

I do not know for certain but I expect the likes of Stobarts or DHL etc have one of their uk places listed as the approved dcpc provider and then have an approved dcpc trainer at each depot