CPC Training needed Peterborough area sharpish

I’ve had my class II since the mid 90s’ but have not used it for years, but would like to get back on the road.

Any recommendations for CPC training that you know will be able to fit me in ASAP?

TIA

Here is the official link for periodic driver cpc training gov.uk/driver-cpc-training-courses

You have the choice of following that route OR completing the Initial Driver cpc. This is a theory test followed by a 25 minute practice walk around test. It is possible to fail, but the pass rate is very high. Whereas the periodic training may be of more use (depending on it’s quality) and there is no pass/fail involved.

Choices are yours. Good luck with it,

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Here is the official link for periodic driver cpc training gov.uk/driver-cpc-training-courses

You have the choice of following that route OR completing the Initial Driver cpc. This is a theory test followed by a 25 minute practice walk around test. It is possible to fail, but the pass rate is very high. Whereas the periodic training may be of more use (depending on it’s quality) and there is no pass/fail involved.

Choices are yours. Good luck with it,

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete,

Are they both 35hrs or is the initial Driver CPC different, do you think the periodic training is better?

Are they both 35hrs or is the initial Driver CPC different, do you think the periodic training is better?

Periodic training is 35 hours - normally 5 sessions of 7 hours. The Initial cpc is a theory test followed by a practical demonstration test. Total time around 2 hours for the two.

In your position ie little current industry knowledge, I would suggest that good quality periodic training would be more beneficial. There is some poor training out there so you have the task of sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing: