CPC Theory test learning material?

kcrussell25:

Paddy2518:
Did you find the website helpful? Ot mine a week on Wednesday so looking to cram in as much practice as I can till then

I am using the site and think its good. I have test on Wednesday so guess I’ll know then how good it is :smiley:

Good luck

Let us know how you get on

jonnyboat:

kcrussell25:

Paddy2518:
Did you find the website helpful? Ot mine a week on Wednesday so looking to cram in as much practice as I can till then

I am using the site and think its good. I have test on Wednesday so guess I’ll know then how good it is :smiley:

Good luck

Let us know how you get on

Thanks. I will do :slight_smile:

kcrussell25:

Paddy2518:

Cheers, a friend told me it’s mostly common sense/covered elsewhere sort of thing but want to be as prepared as possible

Paddy2518:

kcrussell25:

Paddy2518:

Cheers, a friend told me it’s mostly common sense/covered elsewhere sort of thing but want to be as prepared as possible

It is really. It just asks the theory questions in a practical situation. If you were ok on theory you should be fine.

However I agree with your point about being prepared. That was the main reason I joined. In the scheme of everything I decided 18 quid was worth it however each to their own

The Official DVSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles Book 2015 edition
Publication date: 07 Apr 2015
ISBN: 9780115533693
Official price £17.99 (about £12 on Ebay)
safedrivingforlife.info/sho … 15-edition
This is the official DVSA book for the Part 1a Multiple Choice test. It has 15 chapters of multiple choice questions and answers. I spent 4 weeks studying this and scored 98/100. You need 85/100 to pass.
I went straight on to do the Part 2 CPC Case Studies test, and scored 45/50. You need 40/50 to pass. So it’s possible to pass this test with just this theory book as I didn’t read any other book.

The Official DVSA Guide to Hazard Perception DVD ROM
ISBN: 9780115532665
Official price £15.99 (about £9 on Ebay)
safedrivingforlife.info/sho … m-software
This is the official DVSA DVD for the Part 1b Hazard Perception test. I spent 5 hours practising the 63 Hazard Perception practise clips that are included on this DVD and scored 85/100. You need 67/100 to pass. Use the review button on the DVD practise clips to find out where the scoring windows are located. Also remember that you are allowed 10 clicks per clip, so controlled multiple clicks at the right time will often boost your score. Also, watch youtube videos for help with technique. I only scored 56/100 before I worked out a suitable technique to score high marks.

safedrivingforlife.info/shop
Don’t buy from the official website, because all books/DVDs etc. are available cheaper on ebay, amazon, etc. To find the books/DVDs easily, just enter the ISBN when searching online.

kcrussell25:

Paddy2518:

kcrussell25:

Paddy2518:

It is really. It just asks the theory questions in a practical situation. If you were ok on theory you should be fine.

However I agree with your point about being prepared. That was the main reason I joined. In the scheme of everything I decided 18 quid was worth it however each to their own

Completely fine on the theory passed this morning with 95% training booked for 2nd of August with test booked on the 9th and possibly a job lined up as well.

Well done!

I just took mine and got 47/50. Guess I have to recommend the site now.

Time to sort some time off and arrange some practical :smiley:

kcrussell25:
Well done!

Very good congrats. I’ll pay for it tonight and get a good week solid on the site. The sooner I can get everything done the sooner I can leave this ■■■■ job and start earning some decent money

Paddy2518:

kcrussell25:
Well done!

Very good congrats. I’ll pay for it tonight and get a good week solid on the site. The sooner I can get everything done the sooner I can leave this [zb] job and start earning some decent money

Thanks.

If you have already passed your theory I doubt you will need a week. I doubt I spent more than 5 hours on it. I found the case studies more use as gets you used to the style of question to expect

kcrussell25:
Thanks.

If you have already passed your theory I doubt you will need a week. I doubt I spent more than 5 hours on it. I found the case studies more use as gets you used to the style of question to expect

I’d have done it today if I could have done but next week was the earliest.

We’re the questions fairly straightforward forward?

Paddy2518:

kcrussell25:
Thanks.

They are not “difficult” but make sure you read them carefully. When I started practicing on the site I was getting most of the ones wrong as I wasn’t reading the case study or question correctly rather than what I didn’t know. Hopefully that makes sense.

kcrussell25:

Paddy2518:

kcrussell25:
Thanks.

They are not “difficult” but make sure you read them carefully. When I started practicing on the site I was getting most of the ones wrong as I wasn’t reading the case study or question correctly rather than what I didn’t know. Hopefully that makes sense.

makes sense, started using the site today and its getting me used to the style of question more than anything the bulk of it does seem to be general theory. the couple of question’s I have got wrong so far are mainly because I haven’t read properly and tried to rush through it rather than not knowing the answer. At this rate I’ll maybe use it for 48 hours and then get the money back for it.

jonnyboat:

Trouble:
Quick update on this. Passed with flying colours. 47/50 for the Theory and 100% pass on the practical … Thanks for the help fellas :grimacing:

well done buddy

Cheers JB, really appreciated your help mate :smiley:

Well done kcrussell25, good to hear you`ve passed as well … and Yeah Paddy, I found it really helpful, makes you really think about the questions and found it set me up a lot better for the test itself.

Yep I got 45/50 think it would have a been a bit closer to the pass mark if I hadn’t used the site and as a plus point they refunded my fee because I got logged out Monday night and couldn’t log in, he didn’t see my message till Wednesday so refunded me. Only 12 quid fair enough but it was a nice gesture.

Well done paddy!

Onwards to the practical :slight_smile:

Paddy2518:
Yep I got 45/50 think it would have a been a bit closer to the pass mark if I hadn’t used the site and as a plus point they refunded my fee because I got logged out Monday night and couldn’t log in, he didn’t see my message till Wednesday so refunded me. Only 12 quid fair enough but it was a nice gesture.

Well done. Have you already taken your test or is that yet to come?

Which website/app did you use?

kcrussell25:
Well done paddy!

Onwards to the practical :slight_smile:

Thanks, hopefully have that done in the next week or as as well.

jonnyboat:

Paddy2518:

Well done. Have you already taken your test or is that yet to come?

Which website/app did you use?

That’s yet to come booked for August so with any luck I’ll be sorted in the next few weeks.

The website was lgvtheory.co.uk it was a good website had plenty on it as well.

carlston49:
The Official DVSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles Book 2015 edition
Publication date: 07 Apr 2015
ISBN: 9780115533693
Official price £17.99 (about £12 on Ebay)
safedrivingforlife.info/sho … 15-edition
This is the official DVSA book for the Part 1a Multiple Choice test. It has 15 chapters of multiple choice questions and answers. I spent 4 weeks studying this and scored 98/100. You need 85/100 to pass.
I went straight on to do the Part 2 CPC Case Studies test, and scored 45/50. You need 40/50 to pass. So it’s possible to pass this test with just this theory book as I didn’t read any other book.

The Official DVSA Guide to Hazard Perception DVD ROM
ISBN: 9780115532665
Official price £15.99 (about £9 on Ebay)
safedrivingforlife.info/sho … m-software
This is the official DVSA DVD for the Part 1b Hazard Perception test. I spent 5 hours practising the 63 Hazard Perception practise clips that are included on this DVD and scored 85/100. You need 67/100 to pass. Use the review button on the DVD practise clips to find out where the scoring windows are located. Also remember that you are allowed 10 clicks per clip, so controlled multiple clicks at the right time will often boost your score. Also, watch youtube videos for help with technique. I only scored 56/100 before I worked out a suitable technique to score high marks.

safedrivingforlife.info/shop
Don’t buy from the official website, because all books/DVDs etc. are available cheaper on ebay, amazon, etc. To find the books/DVDs easily, just enter the ISBN when searching online.

Thank you carlston, very useful answer.

I was struggling to decide between an online website to learn and practice (drivingtheory4all.co.uk/) or the 2 books you have mentioned, and I think I will go for the 2 books (hopefully I will buy them on amazon or ebay at cheaper price).

Paddy2518:
The sooner I can get everything done the sooner I can leave this [zb] job and start earning some decent money

same here :slight_smile: