CPC revision

would u believe that u can all the books u need for free on web pages like this
flairtraining.co.uk/universi … hicles.pdf
im just gutted I went and paid for them first lol

I’ve been searching the forums for info on the mod 2. I’ve answered a few questions I had but I also just generally wanted to ask about revision material.

I’ve bought “The official DSA guide to driving goods vehicles” is this enough in terms of revision materials?

With the theory I flicked (LOL why is “f l i c k e d” a censored word??) through the highway code and also done at least 2 of the tests on the practice DVD daily for around 3 weeks. I found this to work really well as I was doing a mock test everyday I knew exactly what to expect from the real test.

But from what I’ve seen there isn’t a CPC mod 2 test DVD for the PC. I’m just worried I’m going into the test blind as I don’t know how the test works and what type of questions it involves.

Just to let you know my C+E is booked in to start on the 12th of May, can’t wait!!! :smiley:

Sorry I thought I was in the “new and wannabe drivers” section. Can a mod move this for me please :smiley:

Whoosh!! :wink:

I bought this book from play.com, it had a couple of case studies in there ect.

play.com/Books/Books/4-/8504 … fer=search

but basically if you have read the theory book from cover to cover then you should not have any problems with the mod 2. Basically they produce you with a scenario and ask you to choose from certain answers. Common sense alot of it was really.

You might try this one, costs about £15 I think.

There are not mock test in CPC module 2, but there are about 30 case studies with 5-8 questions each.

Questions are not the same as on the test, but it should give you some confidence before the test.

OK Cheers I’ll take a look at those links later, family time in the Sun (have to make the most of unemployment) :smiley:

Did you not do you cpc when you did your C test? I wouldn’t worry about mod 2, if you can write your name and count to 5 you’ll be fine. In mine i had a question a long the lines of, “John drives a bin lorry, his crew want to go to the pub for a beer. Why would you not go to a pub for a beer during work?”…

No I didn’t do any CPC stuff when I done C. Got it booked for 10th of May, then C+E starts on the 12th :smiley:

Good look on your CPC :laughing:

I was in the same boat as you could not find any thing to revise with. So i just study these books form back to front

desktopdriving.co.uk/product … cts_id=285

desktopdriving.co.uk/product … ducts_id=6

Are you clued up on the taco? I.E symbols ect ect, because that poped up on both of my tests

If not it might be worth buying this
desktopdriving.co.uk/product … ucts_id=38

A bit of info about the CPC mod 4

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … s-answers/

Hope this helps

Scott M:
Good look on your CPC :laughing:

… A bit of info about the CPC mod 4

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … s-answers/

Hope this helps

This got me through my Mod4 and has helped a lot of others on this site get through it.

So long as you have a good trainer who can take you through it you will be fine.

Dean

Thanks for all the links/info

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

To get the Best price on all these books can I recommend using
The Book Butler website which compares delivered prices for most of the big on line stores.
www.bookbutler.com

Just Copy and paste in the ISBN number- it also gives access to used books too.
HTH

Passed my Mod 2 today, 44 out of 50.

Thank for all the links and info everyone.

C+E will be starting Thursday, or may be a double lesson on Friday as I rang my instructor today and he said they might have to attend a DSA course on Thursday.

Can’t wait to get going now, so close to being able to actually looking for work. I’m getting sick of explaining to family and friends why I’m not looking for work yet, They keep on saying well you’ve passed your test so go look for a job, then I have to go through the whole CPC thing and I can see by their faces they still don’t understand lol

Cheers everyone :smiley:

I got exactly the same blank faces while I was waiting to pass my Mod 4.

Glad you passed. Good score too.

Keep us updated on your CE training.

Dean

Congratulations pal, an good look on your C+E training

Congratulations on the pass and good luck with the bendy training!

:laughing:

LR18-8:
Passed my Mod 2 today, 44 out of 50.

Thank for all the links and info everyone.

How did you find Mod2? I’ve got mine on 21st.

Passed my practical test a few weeks ago but at that time I couldn’t afford to do my CPC . Managing it now though. Hopefully pass mod2 then get mod4 booked ASAP.

It wasn’t too bad, I think I was just worried about not knowing how it works really. I think if there was an official DSA case studies DVD to practice on like the theory then I’d f been much more confident going into it.

The questions were a bit varied to be honest, it was a bit of everything. Like was said to me I’d just read as much of the theory books and DVD’s as possible and you should be ok.

Good Luck :smiley: