CPC Results?

Anyone heard anything from the 8th June exams yet? Been 7 weeks (give or take) and the results were about 8 weeks from the exam so we “should” hear next week or so.

Anyone?

I’m not sure Sockpuppet. I was wondering about them the other day.

I guess it will be a pleasant surprise (or not) when they do arrive… :slight_smile:

I was running a course in Warrington today, and I’d seen this thread, so I asked about it. This particular provider received their CPC candidates’ results in the post today, so they’ll be phoning/posting results tomorrow (2/8.)

Good luck you two…

I may have to badger them for the results again today then.

Woo… I think I need a “duff man” … Oh yeah…

Apparently becuase I booked through the RHA the results went there and not to the place where I took the exams.

I passed both multi-choices. :smiley: :sunglasses:

I failed the case study. :frowning: :frowning:

The bloody re-sit is on my brothers wedding day. :unamused: :unamused:

December it is then…

My mate failed the case study as well. Bit ridiculous really, you don’t need to be good at essay writing to run your own wagon. It’s such a long, drawn out process to retake it again even though it is just the module you failed on.

Silver_Surfer:
My mate failed the case study as well. Bit ridiculous really, you don’t need to be good at essay writing to run your own wagon. It’s such a long, drawn out process to retake it again even though it is just the module you failed on.

Yeah it is a bit stupid. Mind you I made a bit of a Horlicks of the case study to be fair :blush: .

It will be December before my re-sit, so late Feb / early March before I get my results. One of those things I guess… :unamused:

Silver_Surfer:

If your mate wrote an essay, then that’s most probably why he failed. What they’re looking for is lists or bullet points, a short sentence, or two at most, on each point. It’s strange but true that the exam markers are under specific instructions to only look at say, the first three answers, if the question says “give three instances when…” If a candidate then gives ten answers and the best ones are at positions 8, 9 and 10 with three awful answers written first, then I’m afraid it’s null points. I’m told, by a training provider, the exam markers are given a mark scheme with “key words” that they should look for in each answer and that they don’t have much lattitude for interpretation.

It’s strange, but one of the OCR Chief Examiner’s points in their report last year (or maybe the year before :blush: or was it the year before that■■? :blush: ) was that in their opinion, the main cause of failure for the case study was candidates not reading, or failing to adhere to, the instructions contained in the exam questions. I feel for every person who fails any part of CPC, especially in view of the length of time to wait as Silver_Surfer noted, but I hope my post is of some use to them for next time.

Here’s a start, but please be careful to click for the right “stuff”: CPC stuff HERE (For now unless they move it :imp: )

I’d suggest that candidates keep their eye on the OCR website in the lead-up to the exams, because two case study scenarios are published, without the questions, usually two weeks before the exam date. One of the published scenarios will usually be used for the exam. I’ll try and remember to post a link to the published scenarios as soon as the next ones come out, but if it gets to less than a fortnight before the exam, please could somebody remind me■■? (I don’t have anywhere near as much to do with CPC as I used to, so I might forget.)

I’ve sometimes also seen past papers that might make for good practice material.

hammer:
I passed both multi-choices. :smiley: :sunglasses:

I failed the case study. :frowning: :frowning:

December it is then…

I’m sorry to hear that hammer.

The results are usually known about a fortnight before the next exam, allegedly to allow time for booking re-sits. I didn’t do any CPC tuition this time around, so I haven’t followed the CPC “calendar,” but have you checked whether you’re in time for the September exam?? There is/was a late booking fee, I’m not sure whether there’s still that option, but you might not have to miss your brother’s wedding. :wink:

hammer:

That is why he can’t do the September test Diesel dave

nothing to do with time limits

dieseldave:
" but have you checked whether you’re in time for the September exam??

Yeah, they rang me to ask if I wanted to book my re-sit, obviously had to decline. C’est la vie!

Semtex:

hammer:

That is why he can’t do the September test Diesel dave

nothing to do with time limits

:blush: :blush: Looks like I missed that rather important point :blush: :blush:
(I’d taken it as the December exam and thought he’d have then had to wait until next March… Sorry hammer:blush: )

dieseldave:
I’d suggest that candidates keep their eye on the OCR website in the lead-up to the exams, because two case study scenarios are published, without the questions, usually two weeks before the exam date. One of the published scenarios will usually be used for the exam. I’ll try and remember to post a link to the published scenarios as soon as the next ones come out, but if it gets to less than a fortnight before the exam, please could somebody remind me■■? (I don’t have anywhere near as much to do with CPC as I used to, so I might forget.)

I’ve sometimes also seen past papers that might make for good practice material.

Good idea Dave.
Alternatively folk could try reading the Sticky called CPC links, that Jonah1 put up, 3rd one down from the top of the page. :wink:

Sockpuppet:
I may have to badger them for the results again today then.

so what was the result then?

I passed nat and intl which is nice. Not sure if I ever find out the marks I just “passed”.

Sockpuppet:
I passed nat and intl which is nice. Not sure if I ever find out the marks I just “passed”.

Hi Sockpuppet,

Congratulations on the passes.

IIRC, you don’t get the actual marks. OCR usually marks the exams on a “pass or fail” basis. The only time I’ve heard of the marks becoming known is when a candidate wishes to appeal the exam result, but there are fees involved. I’ve never had any dealings with exam appeals, but I’m fairly sure that the appeals procedure is on the OCR website or in the paperwork somewhere.

Good luck with your next move… :wink:

Good result ,sockpuppet. :slight_smile:

Sockpuppet:

well done, genuinely, well done