Cpc questions

Couple of questions ! I don’t have any cpc qualifications but passed my class c in 2004 so I have “acquired rights” do I need to do any cpc before I can drive professionally or do I have to do my 35 hrs training first ? Secondly does any of my driving training for class 1 count towards it ? Hope I’ve made myself understood !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmerdriver:
Couple of questions ! I don’t have any cpc qualifications but passed my class c in 2004 so I have “acquired rights” do I need to do any cpc before I can drive professionally or do I have to do my 35 hrs training first ? Secondly does any of my driving training for class 1 count towards it ? Hope I’ve made myself understood !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to do the 35 hours before you can drive commercially - you could do the two initial tests instead but they can be failed

Any training such as doing CE only counts for dcpc hours if the trainer has the course approved and you have arranged for it to count before doing the course

You need a Driver Qualification Card to drive a bus or lorry professionally ie. for hire and reward.

To get a Driver Qualification Card, you have two choices. 35 hours (usually 7 hours a day over 5 days) on CPC courses, or take module 2 and 4. Module 2 costs £23. Module 4 costs about £225 depending on provider. If you do module 4 yourself (ie. provide your own lorry at the test centre, and train yourself) it will only cost you the test fee of £55. You could do module 4 yourself if you can get a C1 or C lorry to take to the test centre. If you go this route, you need to make sure that the lorry meets test centre requirements. The lorry needs to be a box lorry or a curtain sided lorry, otherwise you won’t be able to take the test and you will lose your £55 test fee. Look at the gov.uk website for full details. This is a walk round test lasting about 30 minutes, and is a practical demonstration of your knowledge.

gov.uk/browse/driving/drivers-lorries-buses