CPC question

Going through the Important Papers box in our house today; you know, the one with the insurance policies, the guarantee for the frezzer you got rid of ten years ago etc.
Anyway, in there I found my National CPC, which I aquired on the first course that the local Tech ran in about 1979/80.
So the question is, is it still valid? Could I use it to get a job?
Not that i want one, at 70 I’ve had enough!

Yes, an Operator’s CPC is valid for life and always has been.

You could use it to be nominated on somebody’s Operator’s Licence if you wanted some pocket money, I believe the going rate is about £250 per month for the first truck and £80 for each subsequent truck on any one Operator’s Licence.

You would actually have to have control of the way they operated, i.e. legally/illegally so it would be more than just “a name on the form”.

Unfortunately the National operators CPC isn’t as valid as it once was. From what I remember things changed in 2011 and you will now need the ‘international’ CPC as well, even if it is for a national licence. There was a big discussion over acquired rights (grandfather rights in English) but best to check with Leeds as to the current position as there seem to have been numerous ‘cut off’ dates.

geebee45:
Unfortunately the National operators CPC isn’t as valid as it once was. From what I remember things changed in 2011 and you will now need the ‘international’ CPC as well, even if it is for a national licence. There was a big discussion over acquired rights (grandfather rights in English) but best to check with Leeds as to the current position as there seem to have been numerous ‘cut off’ dates.

Far be it for me to question the superior knowledge. But…

I believe it is only new licences that have to be combined and any upgrade must be done as a complete exam.

As far as I am aware, the existing national ones are still valid.

Just checked with a mate who is currently a RTITB trainer, and he says it is valid for life.
Don’t know why I didn’t ask him in the first place!!
Cheers, chaps.