CPC question.

Friend of mine asked me a question, I think our CPC geeks will be able to help me as I have no idea.

In Poland we had a kind of CPC for years. Now there is the new EU things, which is quite the same. Therefore in Poland they exchange old Polish certificates for a new EU ones.

He lives here in Scotland for about 5 years now. He has his Polish CPC with him, but off course never used it as noone wanted to see it. Now the company wants him to obtain a CPC.

Question: If they exchange it for a EU CPC in Poland, can he exchange it for a CPC in Britain as well?

I ASSUME this is for the Driver cpc and not the operator cpc■■?

The eqivalent of the UK DQC (driver cpc card) from Poland or any other EU country is acceptable here just as the UK DQC is acceptable anywhere in the EU - UNTIL the expiry date - after that, the driver will need a current in-date DQC to drive LGVs commercially in the UK if he is residing here

If the Polish driver did produce a DQC equivalent from Poland then it will have a maximum expiry date of 5 years from when it was issued (EU rules) so he would need to do the 35 hours before that card expires - not much different from having EU or UK grandfather rights til Sept 2014

If he had a LGV licence before 10 Sept 2009 then he has aquired (grandfather) rights all across the EU til 09/09/2014

ROG:
The eqivalent of the UK DQC (driver cpc card) from Poland or any other EU country is acceptable here just as the UK DQC is acceptable anywhere in the EU - UNTIL the expiry date - after that, the driver will need a current in-date DQC to drive LGVs commercially in the UK if he is residing here

If the Polish driver did produce a DQC equivalent from Poland then it will have a maximum expiry date of 5 years from when it was issued (EU rules) so he would need to do the 35 hours before that card expires - not much different from having EU or UK grandfather rights til Sept 2014

If he had a LGV licence before 10 Sept 2009 then he has aquired (grandfather) rights all across the EU til 09/09/2014

Yeah, he’s driving lorries from 1980 or so, and AFAIK his polich CPC is still valid. So he DO CAN exchange it, but still have to refresh, am I right?

DRIVER cpc or OPERATOR cpc :question:

IF DRIVER cpc -

orys:
Yeah, he’s driving lorries from 1980 or so, and AFAIK his polich CPC is still valid. So he DO CAN exchange it, but still have to refresh, am I right?

Then he has to do nothing except get his 35 hours in before 10 Sept 2014 just like everybody else in the EU as he has aquired rights

As he is now in the UK he will do the UK 35 hours of driver cpc but he cannot do part here and part elsewhere in the EU as all the 35 hours must be done in one EU Country to count.

orys:
So he DO CAN exchange it, but still have to refresh, am I right?

Doesn’t need to exchange it, his Polish one is valid here, but he will need to ‘refresh’ it.

ROG:
DRIVER cpc or OPERATOR cpc :question:

Driver CPC surely?

orys:
In Poland we had a kind of CPC for years. Now there is the new EU things, which is quite the same.

We don’t have an EU Operators CPC, new or otherwise.

Yes, driver, thank you.

Just a thought —
If his Polish driver cpc expires before 09/09/2014 then he best not mention it as he will have aquired rights until that date. :bulb: :slight_smile: :wink:

this is IMHO that as your mate as a HGV licence and its valid the the CPC that he got in Poland would have no barring on the new DCPC as its new and only came into force in 9/2009 for LGV’s and any way he would have grandfather rights for it till 09/2014 but as to just like the rest take 35 hours training by that time to continue to drive for a living

just asking this as your mate a UK licence if not this my interest them

Residents

If you have a valid community licence, this will allow you to drive in GB for the period set out below.Alternatively, you can exchange your licence for a British licence.

Provided your licence remains valid you may drive in GB:

Lorry, minibus, bus driving licence holders (vocational driving licence):

• until aged 45 or for five years after becoming resident, whichever is the longer period
  • if you are aged over 45 (but under 65) until your 66th birthday or for five years after becoming resident, whichever is the shorter period
  • if you are aged 65 or over for 12 months after becoming resident