CPC Question

I am coming up to 71 year old and I have just renewed my license without my HGV entitlement, I did have grandad rights to 7.5 ton vehicles anyway.
While waiting for my license to be returned I checked on the DVLA website if it had been processed, and it has, my grandad rights to 7.5 tons has now gone due to me not sending a medical form to them which I expected I would lose. I then clicked on the CPC/Tacho card part and noticed that my cpc has vanished, my tacho card is still valid, is that correct for them to have taken the CPC part away? I only renewed that at my own expense last year. So my question is, If I was to change my mind and re-apply for C+E license in the next year would DVLA re instate my CPC?or should I contact them and ask why they have done that?
Thanks
Malc

I’m not sure you should have lost your C1 even without a medical. Did you do it by post or online?
Would C1 ever be useful to you?
Sorry, I don’t know about CPC, but think it would be worth contacting them.

stu675:
I’m not sure you should have lost your C1 even without a medical. Did you do it by post or online?
Would C1 ever be useful to you?
Sorry, I don’t know about CPC, but think it would be worth contacting them.

Hi Thanks for the reply, C1 could be useful to me in the future if I decided to upgrade from a caravan to a motorhome above 3.5ton, I did my renewal by post.

Free pre 97 LGV C1 needs a D4 medical from age 70
I am fairly certain that D4 lasts for 3 years and not the normal post 65 age of 1 year for those that got LGV licences by passing a test
Weird but I am 90+% certain

ROG:
I am fairly certain that D4 lasts for 3 years and not the normal post 65 age of 1 year for those that got LGV licences by passing a test
Weird but I am 90+% certain

Thanks for that ROG my main grip is why they should have taken my CPC entitlement from my records and can they do that ?

Is this where you checked for entitlement?
gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

If you renewed Driver CPC last year, did you check at the time, to ensure the training company had correctly uploaded your details onto the Gov site? Or did you do that yourself?

Franglais:
Is this where you checked for entitlement?
gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

If you renewed Driver CPC last year, did you check at the time, to ensure the training company had correctly uploaded your details onto the Gov site? Or did you do that yourself?

Hi Franglais
Yes I checked on the DVLA site last year while waiting for my license to come back and my CPC and renewed tacho card were on their.

If you do not have any LGV on your licence then I imagine any current CPC entitlement is suspended until LGV is re-instated providing the CPC is still within its time limit

Being retired, I have not renewed my C+E. Just checked everything on the computer. I still have a valid CPC until 2024 and a current Digi card for less than 1 month till it runs out. :smiley:

I’d of thougt it would still be valid.
Obviously you’ve paid for it…so it’s yours you don’t have to use it

If theve cancelled it you want to complain try. Get a refund.
Otherwise say you pass your hgv medical decide to drive again you can’t. Untill you pay for something you ready had.

It may be that you need a valid category in order to retain CPC. It would seem to make sense that it would be reinstated if a medical was passed, but I can’t say 100%.

Thanks for all the reply’s, going to try and ring dvla today and see what they have to say.

Hi
An update regarding my cpc, I have just spoken to DVSA and they have said it is because I have now not got any HGV entitlements on my license that is why the cpc
is not showing but it is still valid until 2026, but if I was to renew my medical and HGV entitlements in the future the cpc would automatically go back on without having to re sit the course up until it expires in 2016.
So I know now why this has happened, she gave me the answer about the cpc but could not give me an answer though as to why my tacho card is still on the DVLA site■■?
Thanks for all your feedback

malmaz:
Hi
An update regarding my cpc, I have just spoken to DVSA and they have said it is because I have now not got any HGV entitlements on my license that is why the cpc
is not showing but it is still valid until 2026, but if I was to renew my medical and HGV entitlements in the future the cpc would automatically go back on without having to re sit the course up until it expires in 2016.
So I know now why this has happened, she gave me the answer about the cpc but could not give me an answer though as to why my tacho card is still on the DVLA site■■?

Thanks for posting that. It`ll be a help for others in the future.

Our training/schooling posters will be along to correct me if wrong, but I think Tacho cards are available before you get your first LGV licence.

Franglais:
Our training/schooling posters will be along to correct me if wrong, but I think Tacho cards are available before you get your first LGV licence.

Correct because it is possible to need one with a B/B+E licence

malmaz:
Hi

Did they explain why you lost your C1? Does that need a medical every 3 years?

stu675:

malmaz:
Hi

Did they explain why you lost your C1? Does that need a medical every 3 years?

Yes they said when you reach 70 and renew your license, if you want to keep your rights to 7.5ton C1 you have to submit a medical which then lasts for 3yrs until your license needs renewing again.

ROG:

Are you sure about this ROG, I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the grandfather rights to cat C1 finished at the age of 70 regardless of whether you have a medical or not.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

tachograph:

ROG:

Are you sure about this ROG, I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the grandfather rights to cat C1 finished at the age of 70 regardless of whether you have a medical or not.

Impossible!
How could they permanently take away a class from you based on age.
Grandfather rights are real rights that can’t be taken away.

stu675:

tachograph:

ROG:

Impossible!
How could they permanently take away a class from you based on age.
Grandfather rights are real rights that can’t be taken away.

Well it’s not impossible by any means, however a bit more research (Googling), which I should have done before asking the question, shows that ROG is spot on as usual.

Every day’s a school day.