CPC Question

Hi all,
I passed my class c back in 2007 and after a 3 year break from lorry driving I am looking to start back again.
My question is I have not got my cpc, Am I able to do agency work now without it ? Or would a company or agency put me through it whilst driving for them ?
Thanks in advance for replies and is it just me but where I live in Kent there seems to be a lot of work at moment, Is this just due to Xmas or more drivers generally needed

ruddio:
My question is I have not got my cpc, Am I able to do agency work now without ?

No. Until you’ve got your CPC card you can’t do any commercial work

ruddio:
Or would a company or agency put me through it whilst driving for them ?

Extremely doubtful to bordering on hell will freeze over first! As above why would they pay for you to do the 35hrs at their expense so you can then start driving ?

Unfortunately you’ll have to cough up and find a course(s) to get your 35hrs in and get the CPC card before you look for a job

Thank you for the swift reply.Sadly as I feared the answer would be.
It’s about £300 isn’t it to do the course ? And I wouldn’t have to do theory test again would I ?

No theory test involved. Just the fees for the cpc course. If you want cheap and nasty, you’ll probably get the lot for around £250. Quality where you actually learn something may well cost you a bit more. Depends how seriously you want to treat it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ok thanks guys I will have to wait to after Xmas now sadly not got that money available at moment