CPC Query

Hi Guys!

After recently passing my C+E pratical test (yay!) I am having problems getting a answer out of the following question…

I have had a PCV (Cat. D) licence prior to the CPC existing therefore having ‘acquired rights’ and have 5 years to get my 35 hours in. My question is will this be valid for LGVs too as i’ve already done a few days PCV CPC course? I’ve been told that i’ll only have to do one set of CPC and by someone else that i’ll have to complete Modules 2+4 in LGV. Help!

Hi Timothy

Unless you have grandfather rights on goods (eg C1 by virtue of passing your car test prior to 1997) you definitely will need Mod 2 and Mod 4.

However, the periodic training you have already completed on Cat D will credit to periodic training for the truck. Any further periodic training you do can be done for either Cat C or Cat D and will count towards both. It’s 35hrs total. Any mix, match or repeat.

If it’s any comfort, I only found this out in the last day or two!!

Good luck, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Hi Timothy

Unless you have grandfather rights on goods (eg C1 by virtue of passing your car test prior to 1997) you definitely will need Mod 2 and Mod 4.

However, the periodic training you have already completed on Cat D will credit to periodic training for the truck. Any further periodic training you do can be done for either Cat C or Cat D and will count towards both. It’s 35hrs total. Any mix, match or repeat.

If it’s any comfort, I only found this out in the last day or two!!

Good luck, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Afraid not, Only got my C1/C recently.
Mod 2 & 4 to do then… Thanks for you’re help Pete!

You’re welcome. When you’re looking for training for this, make sure the trainer has the official loading trolley (or a very good imitation). We’ve had a run of folk coming to us having wasted money on incomplete, inaccurate lousy Mod 4 training. Take care and all the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Another of those interesting DQC (driver cpc card) senarios …

You have aquired/grandfather rights for D until 09/09/2013
You have passed C/C1 (and CE) after 1997 so no aquired rights for LGV
You are about to do LGV initial driver cpc modules 2 & 4 so you can drive LGVs commercially
I’ll asume you have not yet got all 35 hours of periodic dcpc so no DQC yet■■?

Example-
Pass initial LGV mod 4 on 15/12/2011 - get DQC expiry dated 09/09/2013 PCV & 14/12/2016 LGV
Complete all 35 hours of periodic dcpc at any time before 09/09/2013 and get a new DQC with both PCV & LGV expiry dated 14/12/2021 … no more periodic can count until 15/12/2016 so don’t do any

Timothy:
After recently passing my C+E pratical test (yay!)

Timothy:

Hi Timothy,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

:bulb: You’ve arrived at the right spot for lots of help and advice, but let’s say it hasn’t gone unnoticed that you didn’t write a training diary. :wink: :grimacing: :laughing: :smiley:

dieseldave:

Timothy:

Hi Timothy,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

:bulb: You’ve arrived at the right spot for lots of help and advice, but let’s say it hasn’t gone unnoticed that you didn’t write a training diary. :wink: :grimacing: :laughing: :smiley:

I only found this site after I’d passed :neutral_face:

When booking the module 2 part of the CPC what is the difference between Large Goods CPC & Large Goods CPC Conversion ?