CPC Qualification

I gained my CPC,National, qualification around 1989 & used it for a couple of years working for my Dad. I moved on for better money & better prospects around 1992 & didn’t need the
certificate/qualification as I’ve concentrated on driving rather than managing, although I have kept up as much as possible with legislation, health & safety, changing work practices, speed limits, hours limits, ‘How much Bloody Air you can breathe limits’ etc, etc.

I’ve been divorced, moved house & moved jobs a few times & in all the confusion, I’ve misplaced/lost the certificate.

I’m over 50 now & you never know what’s Lurking around the corner as you get older.

Questions are- is it still Valid ? & (if it’s Valid) who do I write to/contact to get a replacement certificate ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or sensible advice
& LOL for any funny stuff (probably what I deserve !)

It’s still valid.

Replacement Certificate Application Form for Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)

tachograph:
It’s still valid.

Replacement Certificate Application Form for Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)

Thanks Tachograph, as soon as I get home I’ll get all the info together & send it off.

Is it not the case that the OP will have taken his CPC under a different provider than OCR? I seem to recall other members having difficulties in obtaining replacement certificates for exams taken before OCR took over.

Harry Monk:
Is it not the case that the OP will have taken his CPC under a different provider than OCR? I seem to recall other members having difficulties in obtaining replacement certificates for exams taken before OCR took over.

Harry,
You have this spot-on.

The awarding body for operator CPC before OCR was RSA (Royal Society of Arts.)
When OCR took it over, the records held by RSA were supposed to be transferred to OCR.

Inevitably, some records went missing, so some applicants for replacement certificates may have to provide a bit more info than normal, such as where and when they took their exams. If the OP’s records can be located, the certificate replacement process should be pretty straightforward.

Yep, RSA, when I took it, at Luton Tech College, evening course. Thanks Dave for jogging my memory.
I’m trying to remember the year ?
87/88 seems to spring to mind.

martinviking:
Yep, RSA, when I took it, at Luton Tech College, evening course. Thanks Dave for jogging my memory.

Hi martinviking,

That should be plenty enough info if there’s any doubt. :smiley:

As I said, it’s only some records that went missing, so I reckon you’re in with a good shot at getting a replacement certificate.

If you can get a replacement certificate, then YES, your pass is still a pass and you’ll retain your entitlement.

Just as a side note… given that you’ve only mentioned “national,” if you need international, you’ll have to re-take the whole lot afresh under the new combined OCR format.

dieseldave:

martinviking:

Hi martinviking,

That should be plenty enough info if there’s any doubt. :smiley:

As I said, it’s only some records that went missing, so I reckon you’re in with a good shot at getting a replacement certificate.

If you can get a replacement certificate, then YES, your pass is still a pass and you’ll retain your entitlement.

Just as a side note… given that you’ve only mentioned “national,” if you need international, you’ll have to re-take the whole lot afresh under the new combined OCR format.

That sounds hopeful Dave, with any luck my £38 might get me my ticket back.
I won’t be looking at international, GB’s enough for me, we’ve got enough legislation without getting involve with all the ‘Fuzzy Wuzzies’ as well.
(We’ll be part of Yeltzin’s Russia soon, anyway, lol)

Just had time to search through some old paperwork & found a ‘Smudged’ Copy of my Certificate :smiley:
Can’t remember where I got it from, but its dated June 88 & it’s got my Candidate number on.

I’ll make sure that it’s kept in a safe place now as its saved me £38.

Thanks again for all of your help & guidance. :slight_smile: