Cpc prices

Just passed my class 2 and waiting for my licence back so I can do my cpc, so just wondering what training is there out there for my mod 4 and would I be able to hire a 7.5 ton or even a van and do it all myself? Or is there a lot more involved that I would need some training for?

You would probably need a little training, however their is good revision material about especially on you tube.

To use a trainer it would probably cost £230 - £300. Test alone is £55.

Good luck

Paul :smiley:

Just priced it all up and the guy I’ve done my training with only charges £181 for mod 2 and 4 training and test! Just as cheap going with him and getting the training rather than trying to do it myself

FREE with a full C or CE course.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Too late now Pete :unamused: but how much do you charge for c+e? I’ll be doing it in the near future.

£1350 @ Mansfield. Choice of Manual or Auto W+D or Auto Artic.

£1000 @ Peterborough. Manual W+D.

Free driver cpc with both. Free accommodation with both if more than 70 miles from nearest centre.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

PS The Peterborough special offer price has to be booked by the end of April though the training can be done anytime.

Seems like doing CE with free mod 4 at Peters place might be the preferred option financially …

Peter Smythe:
£1350 @ Mansfield. Choice of Manual or Auto W+D or Auto Artic.

£1000 @ Peterborough. Manual W+D.

For how many hours, how many days training and is the price subject to an assessment drive?

It’s ok putting a price on here for training but I believe the package should be explained a little more.

Paul :smiley:

No problem. You have a point - though it’s all very clear (I hope!) on our website.

At Peterborough, we offer training only on manual - either CAT C or CE using w+d. For £1000 (for courses booked during April but taken anytime in the future) we offer 14 hours 1:1 tuition, test fee, VAT, free driver cpc (Mods 2 and 4 or 35 hours periodic as appropriate) and free accommodation for the duration of the driving course if the candidate lives more than 70 miles away. As a new location, prices have been kept to rock bottom but will have to increase at the end of April.

At Mansfield, we offer training on CAT C - manual or auto, CE w+d manual or auto, CE full size auto artic. All the same as above at the normal price of £1350 including everything as above.

Our training normally follows a pattern of 4 days with test on day 5. But this is often altered to suit shift patterns or to minimise time away from home for those staying with us.

Too many folks are being misled with reference to driver cpc - which is why it is included FREE OF CHARGE in all our full courses. This is easily proved by looking back and seeing that the price hasn’t increased to cover it. It is genuinely free.

I believe that our Peterborough price is just about unbeatable for the package whilst Mansfield still represents outstanding value for money. Bear in mind the fact that we are not only the first trainer in the UK to operate it’s own test centre (now for 6 years) but we are one of only a handful of DSA LGV Accredited Training Centres in the UK.

Then put my 40 years of experience (30 owning the school) into the pot and I challenge anyone to say that this is not good value.

The traditional course is 20 hours (often including test). We have found that 14 hours produces the desired result in the vast majority of cases.

Anyone is welcome to come and have an assessment - completely free of charge and obligation. It has to be said that the outcome doesn’t often vary from our standard offering. Having said that, a candidate passed CE yesterday with 1 minor mark after 6 hours training. I have also had a candidate have in excess of 25 hours recently - followed by a pass. So nothing is set in stone but we need a starting point. At 14 hours, most folk are absolutely fine. Yes, some will be more comfortable than others and that’s obvious. But it’s the result on test day that matters for these purposes.

It is clear in our printed literature (which has to be passed by DSA as part of the accreditation process) that if anyone can find the same offering anywhere in the UK, I will give them a course free of charge. I can do this simply because it doesn’t exist.

Interesting that many trainers wont publicise their prices on their websites. We always have.

Hope that answers the question.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter, if a driver who already had C and a DQC dated 09/09/2019 would the offer of free dcpc if they did C+E now be ok to do after 09/09/2014 ?

Yes, no problem.

Anything to help. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds like a good deal you’ve got going Pete. I’ll bear you in mind once I’ve got the funds together for my class 1. Cheers for all the info.