CPC part 2+4

Hi everyone, i have just booked my part 1 and have been reading about part 2+4 and i am a bit confused.I have B licence that has grandfather rights for C1+E pre 97 test does this mean i can do the 35 hours online training rather than doing parts 2+4.
Thanks

Hi, interested in this as i have booked my theory and hazard perception…mod 1 i believe? but the gov website does not give me the option to book mod 2.
I also passed car test pre 97, i passed 91.

Winks41:
Hi, interested in this as i have booked my theory and hazard perception…mod 1 i believe? but the gov website does not give me the option to book mod 2.
I also passed car test pre 97, i passed 91.

Thats the same reason i am asking, but from what i have been reading we can do the online training i was just after some clarification before i sit on the phone for an hour with the DVLA.

ianshep944:
Hi everyone, i have just booked my part 1 and have been reading about part 2+4 and i am a bit confused.I have B licence that has grandfather rights for C1+E pre 97 test does this mean i can do the 35 hours online training rather than doing parts 2+4.
Thanks

You have the choice. Mod 2+4 or 35hrs

Just to add, If you do still wish to undertake the initial CPC 2+4 rather than the periodic CPC you will need to telephone the DVSA to arrange a test.

Personally, If given the option I would go for the 35 hours of periodic training.

With a pre 1997 licence you can get these now
35 hours cpc
digicard

It can be real pain to get a Mod 2 test when it’s not on the system. Definitely consider doing 35 hours. Maybe do something like ADR that will almost make the hours in many cases.
Check with the training provider that whatever training you have, it will count towards cpc hours.
All the best, Pete S[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, im going to go down the 35 hour route.

So would you do Cpc before and during driver training? Or after passed the driver training? Thinking of going down the 35hr cpc route

Winks41:
So would you do Cpc before and during driver training? Or after passed the driver training? Thinking of going down the 35hr cpc route

Get it now because it can be used immediately for driving a LGV C1 lorry
As long as you also have the digicard

Winks41:

I am going to get a digi card and do 7 hours each weekend starting next week so by the time i do my part 3 i will have everything ready to start working.

You can go straight for the 35 hours, and this is probably a better option than doing 2+4, partly because you can do it now, but also because it will teach you stuff like vehicle checks, WTD and drivers hours and load security, all sorts if stuff that you would be expected to know when starting a new job, despite having never been taught or shown (just look at how many threads there are from new drivers who don’t know these things because they did 2+4 instead)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ianshep944:
Thanks guys, im going to go down the 35 hour route.

If you don’t mind me asking, who are you using for cpc course?