cpc or not?

Hello there think I know the awnser to this one but just checking. …my mate works at a timber yard, he has his c1 c1e on grandfather rights but firm hasnt put him through cpc, they have 7.5 tonners which he used to drive now and then, he has a company vehicle for work and every now and then they tell him to take the 7.5 t home instead, when he protests and says no cpc they say hes ok as its empty and hes just going home in it so no problem, the firm is a good one but I think they are misinformed…?what do u think?

If the activity is non-commercial then he doesn’t need a DCPC.

If it is deemed that the driver has borrowed the empty lorry for their own use but covered by company insurance then it does not need dcpc because it is deemed as private use - no tacho needed either

PS - you have 4 indentical posts on this …

ROG:
If it is deemed that the driver has borrowed the empty lorry for their own use but covered by company insurance then it does not need dcpc because it is deemed as private use - no tacho needed either

Cheers for replying, I posted it in wrong bit so ive sent it again on interactive section

No CCP = no drive. simple. :angry: