CPC on rest periods

trevHCS:

toonsy:
I know I need to sit them but is this another area where rules are fudged?

Yep - volunteer is when you do it off your own bat without instruction to do so from your employer. As mentioned it applies if self employed / agency but not fulltime.

1pm yesterday notification “you’ve got CPC” is a “err no, I got plans, get lost”. Theres flexibility and then there’s taking the pee especially when you don’t work Saturday normally.

Personally I took a week off, did ADR 4 days and although I paid myself it gives me something extra I can take between jobs and my 4x CPC. Especially better if you worked nights.

As for Pete, you’re going to be the new Albion, aka decent employer! Unfortunately most companies don’t look at it individually, but how much it costs across the company. Btw, are you sure its not cheaper to do 4x ADR?

Morning Trev,
I’m only the TM for the company.
The 21 hrs for the ADR is for the class lads on packages as I don’t operate any rigid tanks, the class 1 lads do the packages and tanks and get the 28 hrs but will still do 2 x DCPC courses on top, usually drivers hrs, defect reporting or load security. The lad who I use for ADR and DCPC is bang on, he ain’t a bore whilst dishing out the courses, Cheer’s Pete