CPC Module 4 questions

Hi all,

I’d like to start by saying what a fantastic forum this is, it is clearly blessed with some very knowledgeable members and mods and I have learnt a lot already!

I’d like to jump straight in with a couple of module 4 questions if nobody minds… I have the test on Monday and through revision so far and I am feeling fairly confident but wanted to clarify a couple of things ahead of time rather than leave it until the day so it has time to sink in…

1st - “can you point to the centre of gravity on this vehicle” - I know there is an old post on the forum about this one and I get the concept but if I were to draw a rectangle and two diagonal lines through it as suggested would I start from the front of the vehicle or the headboard if that makes sense? i.e. is it literally the dead centre of the whole vehicle (rigid box just to be clear) or slightly further back (as we would start from the headboard when drawing the diagonal lines).

2nd - when using the ratchet load binder / chains to secure the metal load would I place the hooks on the end of the chain and on the ratchet back through the links or over the top (so that the hook is just resting on a “flat link” in the chain either side of two opposite links) - I have checked some of the popular youtube vids but cant quite make out what the instructors on there do.

3rd - Is my understanding that with part loads of heavy good (i.e. the paper & the metal) correct in that we would place over the rear axle working forwards towards the headboard so as not to overload the front axle?

Sorry if I have needlessly overcomplicated the above, like I say just don’t want to leave it until the day to find out! Thanks in advance for any assistance :smiley: