Cpc module 4 question

Hi am hoping some one could please help me out on the load distribution area on the mod 4 questions,
I am reading that my load would be placed up front against the head board but I am reading that it must be placed just forward of the rear axles.
Can some one please confirm ware the load should be placed.

Is this correct you have delivered part of your load and are left with half a load of empty steel cages inside your box van. Show me by pointing to the correct distribution area are this load would be placed?
I would place this half a load just in front of rear axel is this correct thanks Pete.

Is this correct you have delivered part of your load and are left with half a load of empty steel cages inside your box van. Show me by pointing to the correct distribution area are this load would be placed?
I would place this half a load just in front of rear axel is this correct thanks Pete.

NO. Up to the headboard. Hope you’re having proper training for this?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry for the confusion this is what I have been reading

THE QUESTIONS ASKED
Demonstrate to me how you would leave your cab when parked on a busy road.
(Loads of mirror, shoulder and 3 points of contact) BTW, could exit by n/s as an option

(You have half a load of cages. Where abouts on the vehicle would you place them)
(Just forward of rear axle to ensure even load distribution)

Select the appropriate method of load restraint and demonstrate (on trolley) how you would use it. Then demonstrate how you would undo it.
(Load lock bar)
From inside the vehicle and outside, demonstrate the checks you would make on the vehicle before starting a shift.
(FULL walk round check) IMPORTANT you must show the examiner the tachograph calibration sticker and the speed limiter sticker or it is most likely to be a FAIL
You are returning from a European delivery. You have stopped for a comfort break at the French docks. Demonstrate the checks you would make on your vehicle before going through customs.
(THOROUGH checks in all cavities for illegal substances, immigrants. Check load space and under vehicle. Also roof)

asked 1 question about the fuel system

1 question about the height and length of vehicle

1 question how i would enter and exit the vehicle

Pete is correct (I’d hope he would be lol) I had that actual question on my module 4 test. Heavy loads are distributed from the rear axles forward. Light loads go against the headboard. Have you had some training or are you just reading up online etc?

Sorry mate - it’s you who’s confused. Not me!!

IMO your’e wasting your time trying to pass this test by reading - as you’ve just demonstrated.

Get proper training from a trainer with the proper equipment.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Half a loaf of cages, placed (Just forward of rear axle to ensure even load distribution). Ok, good luck in the real world you will need it.

The aim is to allow for as little movement of the cages as is humanly possible. Load restraint bars do bend and the sidewall strips where they locate do come away from the sidewall. Straps do come loose when you press the brakes too. I would always put cages against the headboard ( not always practicable I know ) but whenever you can you should.

Nothing like the sweet sound of cages coming loose and heading towards the back doors.

I have two hours of training before test tomorrow all my revision has been done on line. I have manages get hold of a really good PDF with questions and answers it’s just I feel some of the questions are a little misleading ie part load distribution & weight distribution

I am just looking for clarity to the question that I have seen on hear and read differently in other areas.

(You have half a load of cages. Where abouts on the vehicle would you place them)
(Just forward of rear axle to ensure even load distribution)

If you’ve got a couple of hours with a good trainer you should be fine - especially having done some homework.

All the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing: