Cpc module 4 not done yet

I’m starting a new job driving in england but haven’t got my module 4 cpc ( show and tell part) done yet. Can anyone shed some light on if I need to have this immediately as I can’t get an answer anywhere. I’ve been trying to get a date lately but have had no luck. Thanks

If you are going to drive trucks commercially then you will need a valid Driver CPC card, unless you held a C + E, C or C1 licence prior to the inception of the legislation (September 10 2009). You can only get a card if you have passed modules 2 & 4 if you didn’t pass your test/hold the LGV licence prior to that date.

Mind you, not all employers know this, and enforcement is ‘soft touch’ for the moment.

But get that mod 4 passed asap.

No problem, I was hoping that would be the case. I’ll be getting it booked asap, just hope I’ll have the time to do it on a saturday as it will be my only available day :neutral_face: thanks for the reply, helps knowing I might have a bit of time to get it sorted out

:unamused:

mtec09:
No problem, I was hoping that would be the case. I’ll be getting it booked asap, just hope I’ll have the time to do it on a saturday as it will be my only available day :neutral_face: thanks for the reply, helps knowing I might have a bit of time to get it sorted out

Just to let you know that if you get pulled you will be treated as if you don’t have a licence because it is illegal to drive without it for a living the company may be soft on the issue but if you are pulled by plod or VOSA your ■■■■■■■

I thought maybe it wouldn’t be enforced as much just yet but either way I want to do it. I just can’t get a date and the company I’m going through to book it aren’t helping things either by saying they want two people to do the test so have to wait until someone else is looking to do theirs

Have you got any reports of that happening yet?
Last I heard they were giving out leaflets pointing out that there was a fine of up to £1000, but just that.
Be interested to hear if anyone’s actually been prosecuted.

mtec09:
I thought maybe it wouldn’t be enforced as much just yet but either way I want to do it. I just can’t get a date and the company I’m going through to book it aren’t helping things either by saying they want two people to do the test so have to wait until someone else is looking to do theirs

Can’t you just book direct on-line with DSA using a local training company?

Don’t go through a training broker…they’ll just take your money then not book your test for you.

If your current trainer can’t help…change trainer

You can ‘learn’ the test: info all on the DSA website.

GasGas:

Don’t go through a training broker…they’ll just take your money then not book your test for you.

I’m trying to ok it with a local training school, I passed my tests with them and have normally been helpful but not the case now. I can book the test but I’ll need use of a lorry to do so. Also, I’d prefer a few pointers from a trainer beforehand so I’ll know what to expect. I would also be interested in other peoples encounters regarding Vosa etc and the cpc…

mtec09:

GasGas:

I’m trying to ok it with a local training school, I passed my tests with them and have normally been helpful but not the case now. I can book the test but I’ll need use of a lorry to do so. Also, I’d prefer a few pointers from a trainer beforehand so I’ll know what to expect. I would also be interested in other peoples encounters regarding Vosa etc and the cpc…

i can’t understand why you haven’t done it when you took your test through your local trainer!! as i thought the only ones that didn’t do parts 2 & 4 were mod tested drivers as they were exempt when doing their tests so the mod didn’t put them through.
seems like you wasted your money with your local trainer as they have not completed everthing you require to drive commercially, or am i reading the post wrong :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

if you don’t have aquired (grandfather) rights for the cpc, you will need to take both modules 2 and 4.

You don’t menion anything about mod 2 in your post. If you have not passed this yet, you will need to in order to complete the initial cpc

What on earth is show and tell? it sounds like something going on behind the bike sheds! For that matter what is module 4?

I’ve been told that if you have C1 entitlement on your car licence (like I do from passing car test in 1992), then you don’t need to do mods 2 & 4 as you have grandfather rights.

I enquired about taking the modules anyway as I thought they’d be useful, and trainers told me that it’s not physically possible to do that as the computer system won’t allow it. I haven’t started my C/C+E training yet, but when I do, all I need to do is take the theory test (mod 1) and driving (mod 3) then I will have the full initial CPC thanks to my grandfather rights

…but bear in mind they will run out in Sept 2014, so once you pass you will need to make a start sharpish on your 35 hours of training.

I paid my trainer to do lessons and for doing the test, the cpc modules are booked myself separately through whatever trainer I choose. I have already done module 2, Can’t do module 4 until module 2 is passed. This job has came up unexpected and I haven’t been able to get a date before I start it. Going to try again tomorrow with a different trainer to get a date ASAP. Anybody been asked to show their cpc yet when stopped?

Get LGV school to book a sat morn test about 10 ish and then spend two hours training before doing it - job sorted :smiley:

ROG:
Get LGV school to book a sat morn test about 10 ish and then spend two hours training before doing it - job sorted :smiley:

Tried that today but they said there isn’t enough demand for Saturday test as it costs more because examiners are on overtime… Closest date is two weeks away so I’ll prob have to just wait for that and hope a cancellation comes up that suits :unamused: