cpc module 2

I have done mine last week and pased 40 out of 50 i have tried to remember some questions to try and help others taking the test hope this helps.

CPC Module 2.

1, Eco driving keeping in green rev band and block changing gears
2,calculation of MAM maximum authorised mass e.g. lorry kerbside weight 11tons MAM of 26tons what is the maximum load that lorry can carry A.15 tons
3.Dangers at work most common falling of loads when loading and falling asleep/tiredness
4.Alcohol and drugs/medicine, how it affects driving and how long it remains in your system.
5,Use of wind deflectors and other fuel saving measures like side skirts and sloped trailers
6,Types or businesses like owner driver, hire and reward, own contract, subcontract and cabotage.
7,Road collisions (including bridges) and accidents involving pedestrians
8,Best type of equipment to secure a load e.g. chains
9,Movment of a load whilst driving and how to prevent it.
10,how to load a trailer e.g. centre of gravity.
11,eficiant practise to reporting faults.
12. use of tacho and driving with two drivers and one card (I had Kevin and Bill own and share a truck and double man trailers bill was in a rush to get to work and left his card at home.
1, He should
.do a print out at start of shift
.do a print out at end of shift
.use kevins card

2,when Kevin is driving bills card should be
.securely in the dash
.on the dash
.in slot 1 on the tacho
.in slot 2 of the tacho

3Bill is driving and receives a phobition notice at a road side check for a damaged tyre who’s endorsements would this effect.
.Bills
.Kevins
.Kevins and Bills

Sorry I can’t be more accurate if more info springs to mind I will pass it on hope this helps anyone else and is to be used as a revision guide only as they may be more topics I have not covered.

Cheers for this mate, i have my mod 2 on wednesday.

What would be the answers to the last questions regarding Kevin & Bill with the tacho?

ill have a stab at it…print out start of shift…

not sure i only scraped through it as i couldnt find any revision material so i went in blind and just had a go,Never botherd to find out the answers after i had passed just thought i would try and give you all a bit of a heads up…But good luck hope it goes well for you and if you can post some of your questions help others out… :slight_smile:

Is there anywhere to revise other than driving theory 4 all? its got me to 37 out of 50 both times for my test, would be good just to touch up my revision with a alt source. Thanks for the questions up top can you remember any of the answers you put for them so i can see which ones i did or didnt choose? I took my test today so it would help while its fresh in my mind.

Well just completed it and…

I failed :frowning:
I got 39 out of 50! I found it harder than I expected, a few questions I felt had more than 1 correct answer and I was split in deciding between them.
All the questions sketchybob posted came up, but like Scottish said Is there anywhere to revise from?
I bought the cpc mod 2 book but it just explained how the test is laid out and what areas you should know. It didnt give Any answers.
Help!

Found this usefull as doing mine shortly . How long does it last and what is the pass mark ?

N.I Express:
Found this usefull as doing mine shortly . How long does it last and what is the pass mark ?

Answered my own question , pass mark is 40 out of 50 and lasts ninety minutes .

I only got 40 and was also really suprised by the whole thing, I think an experianced driver would stand a better chance and there is no revision that i could find on the net (also got riped off for £10 buying the none helpfull dsa book) thats why i started the thread… to give examples of the questions I had but the answers depend on the case study if that makes sense… o and it lasts about 15 min but would go back and check all questions cus like you say you got 90 min

sketchybob:
I only got 40 and was also really suprised by the whole thing, I think an experianced driver would stand a better chance and there is no revision that i could find on the net (also got riped off for £10 buying the none helpfull dsa book) thats why i started the thread… to give examples of the questions I had but the answers depend on the case study if that makes sense… o and it lasts about 15 min but would go back and check all questions cus like you say you got 90 min

I think your rite, this is aimed at experianced drivers. Although i know a couple of experianced drivers that had ago of it on theory4all and also failed to me its just a money making scheme :exclamation:

Aright guys,

I’m new here and have yet to put myself through the CPC. Figured I’d try and get the learning to drive a lorry aspect out the way first :wink:

There are quite a lot of good PDF’s on this site
ribblevalleyhgv.com/driver-training-aids
The Driving Goods Vehicles DSA Syllabus is on that site, which should go some way to helping out with the CPC.

Hope that helps, all the best.

Might put a cat amongst the pigeons, but anyone who can’t pass module 2 should not be let loose with 44ton of metal. :unamused:

Im sure there are alot of good drivers already on the road who wouldnt pass it first time, but if you passed your test after 1997 its all part and parcel of trying to get on the road