CPC MOD 4

hi everyone,

was just wondering do you have to book your mod 4 of your cpc through the provider that I passed my class 2 with… its just that I have paid for my case study and safety demonstation test to the training provider, but they saying that they cant get me in for the final part for at least 2 weeks, thinking of getting them to refund me and go and book it myself somewhere else??

Batesy2014:
hi everyone,

was just wondering do you have to book your mod 4 of your cpc through the provider that I passed my class 2 with… its just that I have paid for my case study and safety demonstation test to the training provider, but they saying that they cant get me in for the final part for at least 2 weeks, thinking of getting them to refund me and go and book it myself somewhere else??

You can book mod 4 training and test with any provider that does it

A few providers train many drivers at the same time for mod 4 - just as easy to teach 6 as 1 = and keeps costs down for the training part

Then can then keep the costs down further by the instructor taking the lorry/large van to where the mod 4 test is done and then get the candidates to turn up using their own vehicles - many tests done one after another = keeping costs down again

I think Flair in Essex does it like this - owner is member LgvTrainer (John Dawson) on this site

We also use a similar method except that the tests are done on our site. Have you completed Mod 2?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

yes mate ive completed mod 2…
whats this mod 4 like??
is it pretty straightforward to pass mate

It’s not that difficult. About 2 hours training gets it done. Where are you?

im in Manchester mate,

im just waiting for my date to be given to me from red rose… so will they run through it with me on the day of the test??

I would assume so - or maybe the day before. But I cant speak for other trainers. Surely a quick phone call would sort this out?

ok mate cheers for the info…

hopefully il pass it lol

is the pass rate in general quiet high for it??

It’s generally a good pass rate. Fails are caused by lack of detail.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I would go as far to say with the correct research, revision and training it’s hard to fail.

I haven’t had anyone fail this for about 3 years now.

Paul :smiley:

got mine next week, however I was told I would be doing it on the C1 van as the class 2 isn’t available. The C1 is an iveco daily. Nothing like a class 2. I’d imagine the walk around and post break at a ferry terminal check will differ slightly. Any input?

We sometimes do the same. It makes like easier for the candidate. The secret with the border checks is to adopt a criminal mind and just look everywhere that you could conceal a small package. Not a 2 minute job. But easier on a Daily than a truck.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ok so I have straps as restraints and only half the walk around. This is looking to be going in my favour from the off set :smiley:

You will also have chains and load-lock bar. That’s nothing to do with the vehicle you use as it’s done on a demonstration trolley. The walk round checks are a bit easier simply because there’s less walking. But there’s still the same stuff to check and you could still be asked questions relating to air brake systems although you will have hydraulic. So you simply explain the answers.

The final question is always the full walk round check. Your trainer will probably give you a checklist. Don’t forget to use it. We have very few fails on Mod 4 but those that get it wrong tend to have simply forgotten to use the checklist. No matter how many times we tell folk to use it, they seem to think the examiner will mark them down for it.

If you have a good trainer, you will be fine.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll have 45 mins/1 hr prior to the actual test.

got my cpc mod 4 @ 9am tomorrow, still don’t know if I’m using a class 2 or an iveco daily (C1). I think I have enough knowledge of loading to muddle through this and unless I’m mistaken the rest is common sense right?

got my mod 4 test tomorrow also, I hope I pass it

well good luck to you mate.

you too pal, I hope I pass, cause pretty much been offered a job today