CPC mod 4 Vehicle

So ive failed my mod 4 test this morning… on stupid little things, money is really tight now and i need to get it passed asap. its £55 for the test, but i need a vehicle… if i was to hire one - it would work out cheaper than going through the training centre… my question is, what vehicle do you have to do it in?? i have my c licence.

Thanks

Robmac174a:
So ive failed my mod 4 test this morning… on stupid little things, money is really tight now and i need to get it passed asap. its £55 for the test, but i need a vehicle… if i was to hire one - it would work out cheaper than going through the training centre… my question is, what vehicle do you have to do it in?? i have my c licence.

Thanks

You could do but the vehicle used must conform to the DSA standard for vehicles used on the practical road test

You could book your own mod 4 test and hire a LGV C1 vehicle which conforms to this - gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-dri … iving-test

so going off that i could hire a 7.5 tonne from salford and do it for half the price that the training centre wants?

Robmac174a:
so going off that i could hire a 7.5 tonne from salford and do it for half the price that the training centre wants?

Or a 5 tonne van which is also a C1

If you have had the required training and can hire a cheap 5 tonne van that is DSA vehicle compliant then yes you can book your own mod 4 test

Or have a word with your trainer. They could meet you at the test centre and let you use the vehicle for 20 minutes. Seems reasonable as you have already paid them once. It’s not something we would charge for.

BTW what did you fail on.

I failed on… not unlocking and taking off the fuel cap when checking security. Although I checked it and it was locked, it should have come off. I missed checking the speedo and tacho on the cockpit check!! Stupid I know, and I placed the imaginary half load of steel plates in the middle of the truck, should have been against the bulkhead.

I used my free retest with my trainer on my c licence, so now got to pay for this one. I start my artic lessons tomorrow and test next wed, but without the cpc, they’re both pretty bits of expensive paper really!!

We teach to place the half load of steel plate over the rear axle then forwards from there. Half the load would normally be too heavy to go against the headboard, except for the empty cages question. We also teach to mention and check the fuel cap on the immigration question. Not to remove it.

Why not ask if the mod4 can be done during the CE course. We often take a student for that test during the course. It only takes the same time as a tea break.

Sent you a pm John

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

LGVTrainer:
We teach to place the half load of steel plate over the rear axle then forwards from there. Half the load would normally be too heavy to go against the headboard, except for the empty cages question. We also teach to mention and check the fuel cap on the immigration question. Not to remove it.

Why not ask if the mod4 can be done during the CE course. We often take a student for that test during the course. It only takes the same time as a tea break.

Exactly what I was taught… However he said if you broke hard the plates would smash against the head, he said I should have unlocked, removed and checked the filler cap for anything tied to it.

The test dates are horrendous at the moment. I was lucky to get a cancellation today, the next date at atherton is at the end of July!! Fortunately I’ve talked them into taking me to keighley, but still none available for 2’weeks.

Peter Smythe:
Sent you a pm John

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Haven’t got one??!! Cheers john

John @ Flair

:laughing: :laughing: