CPC MOD 2 Question

Hi all, I recently passed CAT C first time with only 2 minors, which I am extremely pleased with.
I am currently looking through CPC mod 2 case studies using drivingtheory4all and although it is helping me, I just can’t seem to fathom why I need to understand about setting up as an owner driver to become a HGV driver, surely this is just business related, not LGV related, is CPC mod 2 just a cash cow?
Also are the case studies I am revising, the actual ones that are on the test, like with the revision for the multiple choice test?
Thought and replies gratefully received :smiley:

Mod 2 = cash cow

Would be better as a test on the regs

Mod 2 is a joke of a test.
I got a if Jake should be eating a varied healthy selection of fresh food or food high in saturated fat. Another one was what type of OCPC licence does my employer need if I im to work on the continent.

I didn’t study for it and got 41/50 pass is 40/50.
It’s not hard, most of the questions are common sense. Study a bit and you’re pretty much guarented to pass.

Mod 2 is as said a joke of a test… I didn’t study it that much and got 48/50 with mainly theory knowledge. :slight_smile:

Mod 2 is basically just questions from the theory but worded different. I wouldn’t worry about it that much. I worried a bit did all the revision on the driving theory website which helped but overall it’s theory related you passed ya theory easy enuff you will easily pass mod 2

Ryan1991:
Also are the case studies I am revising, the actual ones that are on the test, like with the revision for the multiple choice test?
Thought and replies gratefully received :smiley:

No, they’re meant to be similar to the test but not the same, just as the theory tests aren’t the same but similar.

However, as someone else has already pointed out if you know all the theory the case study questions should be a breeze as it’s merely theory questions wrapped up in a ‘believable’ scenario

Thanks for the replies.
I have touched up on the theory again and feel I am up to scratch with driving hours.
Will let you know the result tomorrow.
Fingers crossed :open_mouth:

Well I passed, 44/50 :smiley:
There was a lot about multi manning, questions about different types of trucks and there capabilities, not so much about driving hours.
My bit of info for everyone would be use the time and fully take in the information that the case study provides you with.
Mod 4 booked for 2 weeks, then I am on the road.
Wish you all the best!!! :sunglasses:

Congrats

MOD 4 tommorow, the stories tell me its a walk in the park, but its the one I am most nervous about.
I have looked through the questions and I am going to watch the vidoes today.
Any good tips, so I don’t ■■■■ it up?

Having any training?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I have had about an hours training, hoping this is enough, combined with what I have seen on the videos

Thanks

I didn’t take mod 4 very seriously. Didn’t seem my examiner did either as it was over in about 10mins.
Joke of a test. That being said I’d rather do that for 5 years CPC then sit in a classroom for a week.

adam277:
I didn’t take mod 4 very seriously. Didn’t seem my examiner did either as it was over in about 10mins.
Joke of a test. That being said I’d rather do that for 5 years CPC then sit in a classroom for a week.

I have been told this by quite a few people, but I can guarantee I will get the examiner that will want to know every little detail.

It’s similar to the driving test in that it’s not really hard to pass but it’s dead easy to fail.

The big + for the Mod 4 is that the examiners will lead you in the right direction. An hour is short for training, but might well work.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete.
I will let you know how I get on.
Feeling confident though now.

All I can add is just remember to always get in and out of the truck facing the inside with 3 points of contact. They can fail you for not doing that, but won’t apparently on your actual test…bit daft.

Passed 100%
Job hunt commences :smiley: