CPC International Freight - Study Notes

Does anyone have recommendations on good home study notes for the International CPC. I am due to sit the exam in June.

I used the EOS study notes when completing my National CPC last year, and I have went with their notes again for the International.
I attended a five day intensive course for the National but didn’t find it all that helpful, hence the reason I just want to concentrate on home study for the International.

I’m starting to struggle (reading, reading & reading, but the info just ain’t going in!) so was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, i.e. is it best to stick with the EOS notes or is there anything else out there which is clearer & easier to follow.

Are these useful ?

eostraining.com/productDetail.asp?id=13

rha.net/rha-national-trainin … 375491296/

dinkytrucks:
Does anyone have recommendations on good home study notes for the International CPC. I am due to sit the exam in June.

I used the EOS study notes when completing my National CPC last year, and I have went with their notes again for the International.
I attended a five day intensive course for the National but didn’t find it all that helpful, hence the reason I just want to concentrate on home study for the International.

Hi dinkytrucks, That’s an interesting comment, but can you say how/why you didn’t find it helpful?
Also, how was the course taught eg. the tutor just read the book out to you / or was a powerpoint slideshow used at all?

dinkytrucks:
I’m starting to struggle (reading, reading & reading, but the info just ain’t going in!) so was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, i.e. is it best to stick with the EOS notes or is there anything else out there which is clearer & easier to follow.

I’m not being judgemental, but home-study isn’t everybody’s cup of tea and there are many reasons for this.

I used to teach Nat and Int CPC, but I always insisted on using several teaching methods eg. a combination of read aloud from book, chalk and talk, powerpoint or class discussion, depending on the subject matter of the module.

I’ve asked the questions above, because it might simply be the style of tuition that didn’t suit you.

As for the student notes, I’d say that the EOS notes are the industry standard and are used by the vast majority of providers. Having said that, I’ve never seen/used the RHA notes, but I’ve never heard of any complaints about them either.

Another non-EOS source of international CPC notes is Friendberry, Here’s a link:
:arrow_right: http://www.friendberry.co.uk/product.php?xProd=12
You might take the opportunity to have a trawl around the Friendberry site, there’s plenty of info on there. :wink:
You might also have a read of the classified ads in the trucking press for more possibilities…

I hope this helps. :smiley:

**Edited to correct typo’s. :blush:

I used the EOS notes for both my National and International and found them to be excellent.

I trawled through them with a highlighter pen, and marked all the useful bits, ie key phrases, or numbers.
Then I put the info onto cards, like index cards, 5x3" or similar, and made a self testing question and answer set. Don’t know if that makes sense?

Example
Carrier liability being 8.33 sdr/Kilo…one side of the card would simply say SDR and the other side would have 8.33. That way, whichever side you look at as a question, you will soon relate to the answer.

Often there will be a word in a question that will trigger the answer from your memory. The important bit is to associate trigger words, like SDR and 8.33.
Hope this makes sense.
Then you can put them in your pocket, or bag, and when you get a minute, test yourself on a few at a time. You’ll soon work out which topic you need to spend more time on.

Good Luck

Good Evening,

I am sitting the CPC National exam this Friday and have just invested £30 in Freindberry’s question and answers.

They are not very well written, their answers are not very well constructed and suggest that there are better ways of spending £30.

You live and learn though :slight_smile:

S