CPC Initial

So what’s this about the CPC and September 2014, and how does it affect new drivers? I understand you have to do 35 hours by September 2014, and I’ve recently done my Cat C and passed Module 2.

If I leave Module 4 until after that date, will I not have to do the 35 hours training by 2019, as I’ve already acquired my initial one then? I hope this makes sense, what I’m basically asking is, is there any benefit to leaving my Module 4 until after September 10th, because I won’t be able to do driving work until after then anyway.

CherwellTruck:
So what’s this about the CPC and September 2014, and how does it affect new drivers? I understand you have to do 35 hours by September 2014, and I’ve recently done my Cat C and passed Module 2.

If I leave Module 4 until after that date, will I not have to do the 35 hours training by 2019, as I’ve already acquired my initial one then? I hope this makes sense, what I’m basically asking is, is there any benefit to leaving my Module 4 until after September 10th, because I won’t be able to do driving work until after then anyway.

If you are taking initial the ignore the periodic deadline as it does not affect you in any way

Another way of looking at this is that all those with acquired rights passed their initials on 10/09/2009 and so their 5 years from passing those initials runs out on 09/09/2014

To extend for another 5 years from the 5 years obtained from the initial a driver must obtain 35 hours of periodic training

you get 5 years from the date of passing mod 4 so if that was today you would get a DQC expiry dated 18/08/2019
to extend for another 5 years from that date you need 35 hours of periodic dcpc
if you did those 35 hours between 19/08/2014 and say 10/02/2017 then you get a new DQC expiry dated 18/08/2024

Only periodic hours done within the 5 years of a DQC expiry date will count