CPC Howlers (again)

good_friend:
Hold that thought. After reading another post on exactly the same subject it looks like I may be wrong. Will have to go and look it up but don’t have a lot of time atm so might be a couple of days.

It’s deffo not illegal to take eject your card without putting the tacho on break, I know that much, but it looks like I am wrong about infringements. Sorry if that is the case

My memory says that with older tachos and older analysis software, if you eject the card on work, and reinsert it on work, it’ll assume you were at work?
No option for manual entries on older tachos either was there??
Could be my memory at fault of course.

Anyway I always select rest before ejecting card. Any ‘debrief’ etc if needed happens on phone beforehand.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Had similar disagreements about how much information cards will hold, trainers says 28 days, I said it overwrites when full. The day after I did a printout from 10th June last year. I work full time, so I guess I’m right.
You don’t put it on break before you eject, you just eject it and manual entry any missing minutes the day after on whatever mode is appropriate.

Franglais:
My memory says that with older tachos and older analysis software, if you eject the card on work, and reinsert it on work, it’ll assume you were at work?
No option for manual entries on older tachos either was there??
Could be my memory at fault of course.

Digital tachos have always had the facility to make manual entries on card insertion.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

axletramp:
I was tucking all the strap ends in nice and neat on a particularly tatty trailer when another driver came busting across and told me his cpc man had said this practice was now illegal in case a cyclist’s handlebars got caught up in the loops I had made :slight_smile:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How lucky would you have to be for that to happen? Cyclist shouldn’t be that close to you.

So after reading this and seeing what Tachograph has put a person who I tend to believe it seems that the trainers really need more training don’t they darling

axletramp:
I was tucking all the strap ends in nice and neat on a particularly tatty trailer when another driver came busting across and told me his cpc man had said this practice was now illegal in case a cyclist’s handlebars got caught up in the loops I had made :slight_smile:

I’ve heard it all now :laughing: I always tuck my straps.

As Beau Nydel says they shouldn’t be close enough to the trailer for that to happen although I had one holding on to the straps in London a couple months ago when I set off from the lights so he didn’t have to pedal. It’s no wonder so many get knocked off :unamused:

Roymondo:
CPC training today. Trainer has already told us in all seriousness that DVSA will fine £x per turn of the landing legs handle, and now states quite emphatically that our digicards hold 28 days worth of data, with day 1 data being overwritten and no longer visible as soon as the card is inserted on day 29…

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

What they should say is a digi card will hold a minimum of 28 days. But if you do say trunking it will hold more less stop starting will hold more multi drop writes more to the card more movements fill up quicker.

I have had the argument with many drivers that the DVSA/Police can go back way more than 28 days on your Tacho/Digi card .
Some even think that downloading it wipes the memory on the card .
Are these the same muppets that complain that CPC courses don’t teach them anything .
If the CPC requirements were turned into a pass/fail system then maybe the driver shortage would actually become real .
How much uproar would have been caused if a drivers hours exam was required to obtain a Digicard ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

steve4545:

idrive:
Got told last week by a trainer that if you run out of hours, you can drop your trailer and drive the unit home set to out of scope??

Would that work with a rigid?

it dont work in any thing,you can not do it

When I got infringements I was told to put it in ATM to erase it

grumpyken52:
I have had the argument with many drivers that the DVSA/Police can go back way more than 28 days on your Tacho/Digi card .

Drivers that have never been pulled over obviously, each time I have they download my card and tell me what infringements I have for the last 3 months, but they don’t worry about ones over 28 days and when I have something petty during that period they just fill a form out saying they have dealt with it (No fines) and away I go.

mrginge:

grumpyken52:

Drivers that have never been pulled over obviously, each time I have they download my card and tell me what infringements I have for the last 3 months, but they don’t worry about ones over 28 days and when I have something petty during that period they just fill a form out saying they have dealt with it (No fines) and away I go.

My last pull and full examination led to the reply from the DVSA officer " you don’t take any chances do you "
“No” was my reply "I try to hang on to my hard earned "
He did seem genuinely disappointed that he couldn’t nick me for anything .
I am not perfect , no point getting older if you don’t get more cunning and wiser .

axletramp:

Loop free and cyclist safe :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :unamused:

Sixties boy:
Just scroll back on the the date when doing a print out…

Mine says 24/5/2018 so thats quite a long time ago a.d defo more than 28 days. :slight_smile:

Oh - and here’s the killer. Not only was the course totally useless from my viewpoint, it was also a total waste of time (and money) for my employer as I’ve already completed my 35 hours and my new card is already primed to be issued in June. They’ve uploaded my attendance to the .GOV website and it is marked as “Invalid”…

trevHCS:

Sixties boy:
Just scroll back on the the date when doing a print out…

Mine says 24/5/2018 so thats quite a long time ago a.d defo more than 28 days. :slight_smile:

April 2018 on mine…

remy:

axletramp:

Loop free and cyclist safe :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :unamused:

Are those ‘goal posts’ welded in in? Are they secured with bolts?
If only there because of gravity that’s worth a bust!

:wink:

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Can you…

Lash/strap using the rave? My understanding is always go off the chasis rail.

Been on a cpc course today, as I understand it 3.5t van no tacho required. 3.5t van with a trailer attached, tacho needed.apparently it is now law that a 3.5t van with a hitch fitted (but no trailer)requires a tacho to be fitted and used ■■?anyone able to verify this ■■