CPC hours and a C+E course

I’ve had my cat C since 2006 through work and didn’t get to do much driving, the organisation being exempt from CPC.

I’ve decided to do my C+E at my own expense but want to keep my skills up and do a few days agency driving every month. Now I need my 35 hours, does any of the C+E course count towards those 35 hours needed ?

The CPC is a completely different entity to any driving, all 35 hours must be completed.

If you choose a trainer who has the CE course approved for driver cpc, the answer is yes. But you need to make sure this is the case as not all trainers have the course approved for cpc.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

chizz:
does any of the C+E course count towards those 35 hours needed ?

yeah i did my C+E with peter smythe and got 7 hours cpc training for it.

I’m booked with Peter in July, so that’s great I’ll crack on with the remainder, thanks for the help.

Something is better than nothing, well at least in this case ! :smiley:

Peter Smythe:
If you choose a trainer who has the CE course approved for driver cpc, the answer is yes. But you need to make sure this is the case as not all trainers have the course approved for cpc.

There is then the matter of choosing a course which has the most hours for dcpc

Taking a standard 5 days with test on day 5 …
Generally it goes like this
If done 2 to 1 all day = 28 dcpc hours as still learning when in spare seat
If done 1 to 1 half days = 14 dcpc hours

Make sure you ask for the cpc credit - it’s not automatic.

I think I’m on a four day course, 14 hrs + 2 for test, so 7 hours or 14 ? 1:1

chizz:
I think I’m on a four day course, 14 hrs + 2 for test, so 7 hours or 14 ?

Depends as each day must either be a full 7 or it can be split into 3.5x2=7 and test hours will not count

That means if its 4 hours per day over 4 days including test day then its only going be 3.5x2=7

Be careful. Generalisations can be tricky.

To qualify, the 2nd 3.5hr session needs to start within 24hrs of the end of the 1st 3.5hr session. So if your course has a weekend off, then the Friday training cant be “linked” to Monday for instance.

In this particular case, I suggest a call to the office will clarify. There are variations that affect the validity of the cpc.

Monday to Thursday course, so seven hours it’s seems.

Thanks for everyone’s contribution, looking forward to actually “doing it” now, roll on July…

More likely to be 14 hours - 2 days as there is no weekend break. Each day will be 3.5hrs so there’s every chance it will work.

But please make the phone call in case a time needs to be adjusted to keep it correct.

Peter Smythe:
More likely to be 14 hours - 2 days as there is no weekend break. Each day will be 3.5hrs so there’s every chance it will work.

But please make the phone call in case a time needs to be adjusted to keep it correct.

How do you get 14 Pete over a 4 day course including test on day 4 when test day will not get 3.5 not including the test :question:

I make it 3 x 3.5 + 2 at best

I’ll make the call tomorrow Pete and get it adjusted should it need to be.

Not wanting to start any disagreements :blush:

How do you get 14 Pete over a 4 day course including test on day 4 when test day will not get 3.5 not including the test :question:

Simples! The training is 14 hours. The test follows.

Peter Smythe:

Simples! The training is 14 hours. The test follows.

I am confused …
day 1 = 4 hours
day 2 = 4 hours
day 3 = 4 hours
day 4 = 2 hours + test

I make that 3.5 hours per day for the first 3 days for dcpc purposes which equates to 7 hours dcpc

How do you get 14 :question:

You are making assumptions. Each of our training sessions is normally 3.5hrs. So if 4 of these are done consecutively, 14 hours - 2 days cpc. Having said that, this isn’t always the case as it’s not always possible to get the timings to fit.

Peter Smythe:
You are making assumptions. Each of our training sessions is normally 3.5hrs. So if 4 of these are done consecutively, 14 hours - 2 days cpc. Having said that, this isn’t always the case as it’s not always possible to get the timings to fit.

So in 4 days you do 4 x 3.5 then on day 4 you follow the 3.5 with a test :question:

You’ve got it. Very often the test is on day 5.

But it is flexible according to candidate’s requirements so sometimes it works well for cpc, sometimes it doesn’t.

How long should these hours take to show on the cpc system?

thanks