CPC Goods National

Looking for information guys, I passed my TM CPC in the early nineties and worked as a Transport Manager for a good few years. My question is, is my qualification valid, as they have changed the rules now to include the International CPC. In other words, am I still able to work as a Transport Manager using my ticket so to speak.

Sapper

yes, but you can’t upgrade to international like you used to.
if you wanted a national and international cpc, then you’ll have to complete the new combined cpc.
but the old ones and new ones are for life, no sell by date on them.

You can still “top up” to an international as OCR haven`t released the cut off dates as of yet. Its expected to be Dec 2013 :smiley:

Have they changed this? I was told that December 2012 would be the last chance to upgrade by just sitting the International element.

social.ocr.org.uk/groups/cpc/con … s-end-date

Taken from the OCR website.

Cheers guys, thanks for the replies.

Sapper

Alzy:
You can still “top up” to an international as OCR haven`t released the cut off dates as of yet. Its expected to be Dec 2013 :smiley:

well they wouldn’t let my brother top up his national to international 5 years ago, and he passed his national in 1988.

limeyphil:

Alzy:

well they wouldn’t let my brother top up his national to international 5 years ago, and he passed his national in 1988.

Why not?!

Alzy:

limeyphil:

Alzy:

Why not?!

just too long ago when he passed his national, no computerised records or something on them lines.

It will be because he took the exam with whoever was running in before OCR took over doing it, I’m sure it’s been discussed on here before.

Unless I’ve mis-understood this the OP doesn’t want to upgrade but simply know if his existing qualification is valid, which I believe it is.

mrpj:
Unless I’ve mis-understood this the OP doesn’t want to upgrade but simply know if his existing qualification is valid, which I believe it is.

Then the answer is “yes”, his CPC pass is valid for life and has been since the day he passed it.

Only thing is if he wants to work at an international licence holder unless he upgrades sharp ish he has to sit the combined exam

The answer to whether or not it is still valid was answered by Limeyphil further up the thread!

explain please alzy…