Cpc for cat D and cat C+E

Hey guys, i have passed cat C+E, i already hold a car D licence with CPC.
I want to ask if i need a cpc for cat C+E as well ?
And in future i will need to renew both?

Thanks

Allain:
Hey guys, i have passed cat C+E, i already hold a car D licence with CPC.
I want to ask if i need a cpc for cat C+E as well ?
And in future i will need to renew both?

Thanks

Look at your card!!!

It will tell you what you are qualified for [emoji16]

Some CPC courses will be valid and registered for C and D, you will need to seek them out, or do separate CPC for C and for D (C will cover all variations of C, similarly D for all D, D1 & DE)

Allain:
And in future in will need to renew both?

No you’re fine with one card to cover both. If you plan to keep your D entitlement, make sure that when it’s time for your D4 medical you make sure it’s ticked as both HGV and PCV, otherwise you’ll find one of them will not be on your new licence

Zac_A:

Allain:

No you’re fine with one card to cover both. If you plan to keep your D entitlement, make sure that when it’s time for your D4 medical you make sure it’s ticked as both HGV and PCV, otherwise you’ll find one of them will not be on your new licence

So if I passed my D licence, could I just apply for a new CPC card and it would change from above to include D categories or would I need another mod 2&4 or 35 hrs?

stu675:

Zac_A:

Allain:

So if I passed my D licence, could I just apply for a new CPC card and it would change from above to include D categories or would I need another mod 2&4 or 35 hrs?

Your first cat D licence pass will need you to pass initial mods 2 + 4 to use it commercially
That then gets added to the DQC but with different expiry dates for LGV + PCV but those dates get aligned to the later date when you complete the next 35 hours CPC - at least that is how it used to be but not sure exactly if that is the way it works now

stu675:
So if I passed my D licence…

Have you ever had a job working with Joe Public? :laughing: A friend of mine gave up being a bus driver, she (yes she) was sick of being punched by members of the public.

Who TF needs that in their jobbing life?

Zac_A:

stu675:

Have you ever had a job working with Joe Public? [emoji38] A friend of mine gave up being a bus driver, she (yes she) was sick of being punched by members of the public.

Never buses, but coaches going on holidays? Sounds good [emoji41]

stu675:

Zac_A:

stu675:

Have you ever had a job working with Joe Public? [emoji38] A friend of mine gave up being a bus driver, she (yes she) was sick of being punched by members of the public.

Never buses, but coaches going on holidays? Sounds good [emoji41]

Well, if you consider yourself “a people person” and are happy dealing with crusty OAPs who might want to beat you around the head with their walking sticks :laughing:

Or, a load of unruly schoolkids :open_mouth: Can’t even tell them off now.

Thank you guys, i received my card with botj entitlements.
I want to ask what about the tacho card,
Do i have to apply for new one as well?
Thanks

Bump

Allain:
Thank you guys, i received my card with botj entitlements.
I want to ask what about the tacho card,
Do i have to apply for new one as well?
Thanks

No. You can’t have 2 tacho cards. Any tacho card will work in pcvs and HGV’s