Cpc expired, what dose this mean?

Hay. need some info on cpc card. I passed my cpc in 2013 along with gaining my class 2. I stoped lorry driving in 2017. my cpc expired on 6/6/2018 and i haven’t done any cpc hours trainig during the 5 years it was valid. dose this mean i simple need to do another 35 hours and my cpc will be back in full compliance…? or cause i let it lapse and expire i have to do somthing more than just doing the 35 hours…? really need to get clarity on this. im not driving at the moment but want to return to it now. so need to know how this works. thanks all

You just need to do the 35 hours periodic training before you can drive commercially.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:
You just need to do the 35 hours periodic training before you can drive commercially.

Sent from my mobile.

Thanks. i was worried there might be some strange stipulation where if u didnt refresh it before it expired there might be some other form of re registering needed.

jrt:

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

Thanks. i was worried there might be some strange stipulation where if u didnt refresh it before it expired there might be some other form of re registering needed.

Ssshhh don’t put ideas in their heads :wink:

Anyone know the penalty for driving without a D C P C ?

Tj916:
Anyone know the penalty for driving without a D C P C ?

According to the DVSA enforcement sanctions guide the penalty for driving without a valid DCPC is prosecution and to be reported tot he TC.

I don’t know what action the TC is likely to take but I imagine a HGV licence suspension could be on the cards.

I imagine a large fine for the firm that allowed you to drive without a valid CPC card would also be a possibility, lots of places in the past insisted on seeing the CPC card a few years ago, maybe since then they’ve insisted on penalty clauses for the agencies supplying drivers so all the drivers are thoroughly vetted in advance then left alone after they shown that theve done the training…

Don’t get caught driving without your CPC card in your possession though as the nice folks at DVSA will try their best to relieve you of £1000 for the privilege of not carrying a card that tells them what they already know if they’ve issued it in the first place…

I guess they have to have a level playing field for the EE and others driving here as DVSA may not be able to access the European Databases in anycase…

ytrehodluap:
Don’t get caught driving without your CPC card in your possession though as the nice folks at DVSA will try their best to relieve you of £1000 for the privilege of not carrying a card that tells them what they already know if they’ve issued it in the first place

According to the DVSA sanctions policy the penalty for failing to provide evidence of DCPC qualification is a £50 fixed penalty.

Even some places where I collect ask to see your cpc card

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

dean_whittlr:
Even some places where I collect ask to see your cpc card

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

To which…

You’d be quite within your rights to tell them to get stuffed.

tachograph:

ytrehodluap:
Don’t get caught driving without your CPC card in your possession though as the nice folks at DVSA will try their best to relieve you of £1000 for the privilege of not carrying a card that tells them what they already know if they’ve issued it in the first place

According to the DVSA sanctions policy the penalty for failing to provide evidence of DCPC qualification is a £50 fixed penalty.

Failing to produce a Driver CPC - £50 but driving without one = £1000. Big difference between having one but not able to produce it versus not having one thats valid to produce at all…
app.croneri.co.uk/questions-and … -cpc-rules

Acorn:

tachograph:

ytrehodluap:

Failing to produce a Driver CPC - £50 but driving without one = £1000. Big difference between having one but not able to produce it versus not having one thats valid to produce at all…
app.croneri.co.uk/questions-and … -cpc-rules

I was replying to the comment by ytrehodluap who said “Don’t get caught driving without your CPC card in your possession though as the nice folks at DVSA will try their best to relieve you of £1000”.

Like I said, the DVSA sanctions policy states that driving without a valid DCPC is prosecution and to be reported tot he TC, I’ve no idea what the likely fine would be but I suspect that the £1000 you mention is the maximum and not likely to be incurred except in exceptional cases.

Heard about the £1000 fine from a CPC course so that has to be true… :open_mouth: :confused: :grimacing:

I’m guessing I’m not alone in hating those websites that want you to subscribe to read them??

Think they should be banned…

Not that I’d suggest it’s worth risking driving without but it does seem to be a bit forgotten about now the novelty’s worn off, I’ve not been asked on the last several DVSA stops.

Ridiculous that you can’t go back to driving without sitting through 35 hours paying to listen to some oxygen thief try and pretend they’re a real lecturer.

Does anyone know what the deal is if you’re unemployed and need it to get a job driving is the job centre forking out for people to do it?

Since the inception of the DCPC I’ve never been asked to produce my card by anybody, in fact it’s only been out of my wallet on the four or five occasions that my car windscreen was iced up!

Funny you should say that I presume you’d rather not damage the contactless bit in your credit/debit card or you use cash!!!

I’ve been given a couple of extra cards when renewing my driving licence (no idea why) these now live above our kitchen sink for getting to those bits of burnt on food when washing up…

ytrehodluap:
Funny you should say that I presume you’d rather not damage the contactless bit in your credit/debit card or you use cash!!!

Absolutely. I possess a plethora of credit card sized lumps of plastic without chips in them, all ideal for ice removal. :wink: