CPC exam centres

hi all
looking at doing my freight national cpc on 5th dec (home study)
can anyone tell me where i can find a list of exam centres as ive been all over ocrs website but cant find any listing.

any relevant comments more than welcome

many thanks

Friendberry quote exam centres in the following places:
CPC Examination Centres (Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Darlington, Glasgow, London, Portsmouth, Somerset, Warrington).
www.friendberry.co.uk
but whether you can sit as an external candidate, I don’t know.

I do know that the RTITB in Telford take external candidates, as I sat my International cpc here, following home study.
www.rtitb.co.uk

It’s a start…
There’s several threads about home study and the CPC in general on these forums, you just need the patience to search for them :wink:

Good Luck

thanks for that

You could try your local Further Education college. You may be able to sit as an external candidate if they are OCR registered.

jc69817:
any relevant comments more than welcome

Hi jc69817, Here’s a place not far from you, and I’m fairly sure they’ll take external candidates:

Manchester Training
Greengate
Middleton
Manchester
M24 1RU
0161 653 5767

Contact name: Ms Georgina Jolleys
Email: georgina.j@manchestertraining.co.uk

I do know of another center that’ll take external candidates, but it’s further away from you, so I’d give this a try first. :wink:

Just realised where you live jc69817. I took mine at Tameside college where in 1999 at least they ran a Freight National course on a Tuesday evening. I took the other modules (Freight International, Passenger National & International), as an external candidate.

The course was not that impressive, I used Freindberry as well, which I found excellent. A guy called Alan Lomax was the tutor, there were quite a lot of the people on the course who didn’t pass, so I am pleased that I did some home study as well. As it happens I did win the course prize for that year, but that was only because I had done and passed all modules (thanks to Friendberry!)

I did live in north Manchester at the time!

thanks for all your help
will def try Tameside college
and if not manchester training
once again the site pulls through
where would we be without it eh !!!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: