Cpc, dqc

Hello all,
I’m having a bit a bit of a disagreement with my boss, he says I don’t need a cpc card as we only transport our own good about,
I drive every day in a class 2, normally around two hundred miles a day,
I pretty certain I need this card but he says I don’t, can’t get through to him, my firm have always paid for my training but it looks like I’ll have to foot that now, which it is what it is, i just don’t know how to get through to him, we’ve had a few good heated talks about it,

Your guvnor…

Is an ■■■.

gov.uk/guidance/driver-cpc- … s-examples

You need the qualification to work legit. He’s just trying to find a way out of paying for it. If you wanna keep working, you’ll either have to fund it yourself or get him to cough up.

You could also start looking for another job.

You do need a CPC card to drive any kind of truck.
The company can use a restricted operating licence if they only transport there own goods.
But you need a CPC card even if driving an empty truck.
Look online on government or some.offical site…then show them.the proof.

Or you could maybe pull into a vosa /dvsa checkpoint voluntary.
And ask . And maybe get them to explain to your company.
But doing that your leaving yourself.open to driving without one.

jimroyale:
Hello all,
I’m having a bit a bit of a disagreement with my boss, he says I don’t need a cpc card as we only transport our own good about,
I drive every day in a class 2, normally around two hundred miles a day,
I pretty certain I need this card but he says I don’t, can’t get through to him, my firm have always paid for my training but it looks like I’ll have to foot that now, which it is what it is, i just don’t know how to get through to him, we’ve had a few good heated talks about it,

Maybe he should re.sit his Transport managers CPC himself. :unamused:
He’s talking ■■■■■■■■, if you get caught you get fined simple.
Google it and show him in black and white.

Your Boss is getting confused with the goods to use in the course of your job exemption and delivering own goods IMO

ROG:
Your Boss is getting confused with the goods to use in the course of your job exemption and delivering own goods IMO

Afaik own account operators do not need a Transport management CPC, he’s mebbs getting mixed up with that.

Makes you wonder what else he’s clueless about :open_mouth:

edd1974:

Steady Eddie. Sweeping generalisations are what get people into legal deep water. Especially when they’re not correct. :wink:

edd1974:
Or you could maybe pull into a vosa /dvsa checkpoint voluntary.
And ask . And maybe get them to explain to your company.

Don’t. £200 fine just for not having the card even if you’ve a current DCPC and that’s before they then do you for not having one. It is the driver’s responsibility to get one and you’re not going to be able to argue ignorance given it is coming up to it’s seventh year in operation.

the maoster:

edd1974:

Steady Eddie. Sweeping generalisations are what get people into legal deep water. Especially when they’re not correct. :wink:

SCAFFOLDERS !!

robthedog:

the maoster:

edd1974:

SCAFFOLDERS !!

That is one of the type of exemptions if the driver drove to the site then spent most time erecting the scaffold that was on the lorry

Lorry loaded with a JCB where the driver used the JCB for most of the shift is another example of an exemption

There are a few exemptions, maybe you are in one of the categories, look it up it’s you that will be paying the fine

If OP is doing 200 miles a day then it’s likely to be a substantial part of his working day so I can’t see he’s likely to be exempt, but he needs to have a look at this for himself:
gov.uk/guidance/driver-cpc- … s-examples

As was said above, I think the gaffer is getting DCPC confused with TM-CPC, it wouldn’t be the first time that has happened and it wouldn’t be the first time this week I’ve heard about a gaffer giving his drivers illegal info :unamused: If the company is running on a Restricted O-Licence the gaffer does not need a TMCPC, but that doesn’t necessarily mean his drivers won’t need their DQC