CPC done

Just completed my 35 hours last week on my DCPC and thats it til 2019 now
Thank god…The hardest part was staying awake all week lol.

mick_borthwick:

Did you do all 35 in one week?

What did the 35 hours consist of?

Make the most of it - - my educated guess is that there will be major changes in place by 2019.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yea I did it all in one week as the company that I work for has its own training school
So they paid for it all… and yep mine will last until 2019 now.

It was useful to get clued up on the new digi tacho manual entry inputs on the 1.4, and 2.0 system software as I dont fancy getting caught out on that one by VOSA.

I am covered up to 2021 now and had same issue trying to stay awake lol

JJ192:

How did you manage till 2021 - picture or its not true !
cheers
Steve

gm:

JJ192:

cheers
Steve

If he passed initial dcpc in 2011 then completed 35 hours of periodic dcpc the DQC will be expiry dated 2021

ROG:

gm:

JJ192:

cheers
Steve

If he passed initial dcpc in 2011 then completed 35 hours of periodic dcpc the DQC will be expiry dated 2021

correct i did initial as stated and completed 35 hours and a new dqc was issued

How - they are not valid for 10 years - just 5 years - and that’s after the grandfather rights run out - so how can it be valid for so long - we were told you cannot build up DCPC credits towards a new card until you are with the five year period before it expires
cheers
Steve

gm:
How - they are not valid for 10 years - just 5 years - and that’s after the grandfather rights run out - so how can it be valid for so long - we were told you cannot build up DCPC credits towards a new card until you are with the five year period before it expires
cheers
Steve

Example:-

Driver without dcpc aquired/grandfather rights passes the last of all 4 initial dcpc LGV modules on 11/10/2010 so gets issued with a DQC (driver cpc card) expiry dated 10/10/2015 which is for 5 years

Same driver then completes all 35 hours of periodic dcpc between 11/10/2010 and 06/06/2011 which is within 5 years of their current DQC expiry date of 10/10/2015 so they get issued with a new DQC expiry dated 10/10/2020

No more periodic dcpc will now count until after 10/10/2015 as it must be within the 5 year expiry date of 10/10/2020

35 hours of periodic dcpc must be completed before 10/10/2020 if the driver wishes to continue driving LGVs commercially after that date but all those 35 hours could be done in the week prior to 10/10/2020

Does that help to explain things ?

Another example:-

A driver with aquired/grandfather rights could do all 35 hours in the week prior to 09/09/2014 and then do another 35 hours in the week after 09/09/2014 which would give them a DQC expiry dated 09/09/2024

That would be almost 10 years between doing any periodic courses

=================================================================

There may be moves in the future to change the rules so that 7 hours must be done every year but that would be difficult for things like ADR courses which have 21 hours unless they allow the hours to be done in advance - but that defeats what the intention of doing 7 hours every year !!!

One I’m not sure about.

If I pass my module 1 theory test, module 2 CPC theory test, module 3 driving test, modul e4 CPC practical test, do I still need to do 35 hrs of CPC periodic training?
Thanks

hkloss1:
One I’m not sure about.

If I pass my module 1 theory test, module 2 CPC theory test, module 3 driving test, modul e4 CPC practical test, do I still need to do 35 hrs of CPC periodic training?
Thanks

Passing that lot will get you a DQC valid for 5 years so you can drive LGVs commercially for those 5 years

If you want to continue to drive LGVs commercially AFTER those 5 years then you need to complete 35 hours of dcpc periodic training before those 5 years are up

completing that periodic 35 hours at any time before the end of the current expiry date on the DQC will add another 5 years onto the current DQC expiry date

Mine expires sept 2019 - and I was told that as I already have the card anything I do before sept 2014 won’t count - so they were wrong then ?
You can build up credits towards the qualification
cheers
Steve

gm:
Mine expires sept 2019 - and I was told that as I already have the card anything I do before sept 2014 won’t count - so they were wrong then ?
You can build up credits towards the qualification
cheers
Steve

You can only build up credit for the 5 years following the current 5 year period.

You cannot do training that will count past 2019 until the current 5 year period has finished in 2014.

So the answer is “no they were not wrong” :wink:

If you done any more hours before Sept 2014 they would not count as they would not be within 5 years of Sept 2019. If you wait until after 10/09/2014 then do some more hours they would count towards the next 35.

So if you done the entire 35 hours in say the last week of Sept 2014 (which is within 5 years of your current cards expiry date) you would receive a new card valid until Sept 2024. That is basically 10 years from you completing the 35 hours. They add the next 5 years onto the current expiry date.

Going off at a slight tangent … :wink: :laughing:

If a driver only has LGV with aquired dcpc rights then decides to pass all 4 tests for PCV in the first week of Sept 2014 and has also completed all 35 hours of periodic dcpc then they will end up with a DQC expiry dated early Sept 2024

Passing PCV initial dcpc gets a 5 year DQC and the 5 years gained by completing the 35 hours of periodic dcpc gets added to it

It is done in this way so that the driver does not lose out on the 5 years gained by passing the initial PCV dcpc or the 5 years gained by completing the 35 hours of periodic dcpc

That would probably cost in the region of £1000 for the PCV but it does skip 5 years worth of periodic dcpc and the driver gets a few D categories added to their licence

The PCV done in auto or manual makes no odds because all the D categories will end up as manual because the C categories are manual
If the driver has CE manual then doing D auto will give them all these in manual … D1 D1+E D D+E

Well, I did say this went off at a tangent !!

LGVTrainer:
If you done any more hours before Sept 2014 they would not count as they would not be within 5 years of Sept 2019. If you wait until after 10/09/2014 then do some more hours they would count towards the next 35.

So if you done the entire 35 hours in say the last week of Sept 2014 (which is within 5 years of your current cards expiry date) you would receive a new card valid until Sept 2024. That is basically 10 years from you completing the 35 hours. They add the next 5 years onto the current expiry date.

Sounds a completely arse way - but quite beneficial - I can do the dcpc training from sept 2014 and then as soon as I have done 5 I get a new card that could be valid for almost 10 years excellent
thanks for the explanation
cheers
Steve

Got my spanking new card through today…valid until 2019

Will do me,then i can have a week off eating biscuits and drinking lots of coffee again lol